No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Calf Rearer & Simon to our merry band of winemakers.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi everyone my names Wayne, i'm completely new to this game but have recently bought a kit from my local HBS and i am currently fermenting my first Rose wine
      Cad Drawings: www.draughting-solutions.com

Comment

• Hi Wayne
        Welcome aboard, take a look around the new members area there is a lot of useful stuff there, also if you look in the Winemaking area there are some down-loadable calculation sheets, and some tutorials you may find of interest.
        The mead and beer sections don;t have as many tutorials but the gang are working on that.

what sort of kit did you get?
        where are you located?

welcome again

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Not sure of the name of the kit but it came with a concentrate and all the additives you need to make it and you can be drinking it in about 4 weeks.
          I'm from lincoln

Comment

• Welcome Brewbie, enjoy your stay
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by brewbie View Post
              Not sure of the name of the kit but it came with a concentrate and all the additives you need to make it and you can be drinking it in about 4 weeks.
              I'm from lincoln
              oooo
              you have a wine circle in Lincoln,
              www.lincolnwinecircle.org.uk

and they have an open show, we (Duffbeer and I and maybe some others) will be visiting there this year for the open show.

did you get the kit from Linbrew?

Tony Frecklington runs the shop there...nice guy...if you buy stuff from him, be sure and mention the winesathome website

regards
              Bob
              Last edited by lockwood1956; 09-01-2008, 04:44 PM.
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Yes i did get the kit from Linbrew...Tony is a very helpful man...Maybe see you at the show

Comment

• Welcome Brewbie…Congenial lot here, they even have a token Okie, complete with mattress on top of the truck, computer and satellite are on the bunk-seat.

There is much information available, with experience to further it’s use. Save the lees from that kit for a second…make use of every ounce of the Rosa kit. What kind did you say it is, what blends?

Comment

• Welcome Brewbie, nice to see you. I live in Yorkshire but travel down your way to work everyday. If you ever fancy a trip to the Pontefract wine circle to meet the likes of Lockwood and Duffbeer give me a shout. Sure we can sort a pillow and sleeping bag for the night.

Also if you find you need any equipment on a short loan basis till you get established give me a shout.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggles View Post
                      Welcome Brewbie, nice to see you. I live in Yorkshire but travel down your way to work everyday. If you ever fancy a trip to the Pontefract wine circle to meet the likes of Lockwood and Duffbeer give me a shout. Sure we can sort a pillow and sleeping bag for the night.

Also if you find you need any equipment on a short loan basis till you get established give me a shout.
                      Thanks for your generosity guys...looks like a great forum can't wait to try out some of the recipes

Comment

• Welcome Brewbie - as you can see we are a friendly crowd
                        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome from another newbie Must say the tutorials are really worth a browse, brill photos too, very helpful

Comment

• Hello calf rearer. Glad your finding your way around and enjoying what you see.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Another newbie here too, Just surfing around, and came across this site. Hey Duff Man your here, Love you babe. Hope people here are friendly and kind. I will chat all day long with loads of useless advice. But I hope to help....

TT

Comment

• Welcome to the forum T.T hope you enjoy.
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X