Clear All

• Hi TT, welcome to the forum
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
      Hi TT, welcome to the forum
      Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
      Welcome to the forum T.T hope you enjoy.
      Thank you both, Nice to be here...

Comment

• [QUOTE=T.T;25545]Thank you both, Nice to be here...[/QUOTE

Thanks for your generosity guys...looks like a great forum can't wait to try out some of the recipes

Another newbie here too, Just surfing around, and came across this site. Hey Duff Man your here, Love you babe. Hope people here are friendly and kind. I will chat all day long with loads of useless advice. But I hope to help....

TT
        Welcome from another newbie Must say the tutorials are really worth a browse, brill photos too, very helpful

Welcome to all three. There is a lot of expertise on this forum and we are all very willing to assist. Enjoy your time with us. Please ask as many questions as you like you will get a reply back. Cheers DAW

Comment

• Hi Brewbie & TT

I too started with a kit - it was from Boots (back in the days they stocked a good range of wine making equipment) and was for 'Medium Red WIne'. Can't recall how it tasted (yes, it was that good) but it got me hooked

Comment

• Hello All,

Mal from sunny Northumberland,

Real ale drinker , but came across this site from a link from Jims Homebrew Forum, Thought i would give this a bash (Already started the Wine Number 1 from the tutorial,, please bear with me if i ask a silly question as this seems a tadge more complicated the HB beer

Cheers Mal

Comment

• Welcome Mal, the only silly question is the one you didn't ask, there is a little more to winemaking than beer, but simple basic rules are the same. Oh and if you've read the "other brews" on Jims home brew then forget all you read, we don't do turbo or tc or atomic whatever here, we have simple recipes and tutorials that will make drinkable wine from day 1, enjoy your stay and ask away.
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by mctoon View Post
                Already started the Wine Number 1 from the tutorial,
                yay

another convert!

you will love wine No1

welcome aboard Mal
                regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Looking forward to getting to know you Mal, and in the meantime send in those questions - we love 'em!
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome Mal! Good to have you here.
                    Steve

Comment

• Hello Mal, from across the pond...there are several beermiesters amoung us...can't say as I would not enjoy a brew right now. No such "thang" as silly questions; but lots of dumb looks from me, don't mind it's just my nature!? Don't mean any"thang" by them. The only one with a speech impediment, got red hair, freckles and a hair-lip too.
                      Last edited by Guest; 24-01-2008, 05:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Hi Mal

Welcome. I also brew beer but the wine making bug has got me for the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                          Welcome we don't do turbo or tc or atomic whatever here, we have simple recipes and tutorials that will make drinkable wine from day 1, enjoy your stay and ask away.
                          Wot no turbo charged, atomic, supper blasting, mega mashing thunder crashing wines here

I like my wines with a bit of kick but can do without the turbo.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Hi simon Im just doing a little bear brewing at the moment but I dont want to have to buy to much new kit for doing it.

Comment

• Hi one and all, thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Mac from Durham, been making wine from kits for about 6 years and am still learning and still making the odd mistake. I use Beaverdale and Heron Bay kits and find them very good, at the moment I have 42 bottles both red and white maturing away,(I do try and keep them for at least 6 months before I start drinking them) and a 30bottle of California white fermenting. I would love to make a red with the same volume as commercial wines, 13.5 and with that really rich flavour they have, you wine lovers have any advice on that, would really appreciate any help. Thanks, Mac.

Comment

• Hello T.T and Mac...glad to have you aboard...buckle up and give us your spin.

Comment

• Hi MAC, and welcome aboard, for that big fruity red there's no better than real fresh grapes, several from the forum import fresh grapes from Italy once a year. As Durham isn't a million miles away it may be of interest, check out the links below.

Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X