Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome

Living in the woods eh?

how exciting, I am a grandad of 1 so have a way to go to catch you up, where are you located? not after your address..just the Country and state, it helps when giving advice.

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi Grandmawoods, nice to meet you. I'm one too, hence the Mamgi (Welsh) part of my name.

As Bob says, let us know whereabouts those woods are.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome GMW. I am not a GranDad; three children in their late 30's and early 40's. They are career oriented I guess and the possibility of me becoming a GD is getting slimmer in each passing year. You have a nice selection of wines going on there and the woods must have all those delicious wild berries with flavor extraordinaire. Give us a chance with any questions you have that is what the form is for and pass on your experiences with the Tomato and Dandelion wines - interesting combination there. Have you blended any other fruits or berries in these two wines? Cheers Daw.

Comment

• I haven't mixed anything with my dandelion or tomato yet. Maybe in 2008, any ideas? The berries are great. It takes a lot of variety to get what the birds, deer, bear, and whatever else leave behind.
          And hang in there StockeyDAW, grandchildren are like fine wine--well worth the wait. I just sent 3 home from the weekend. Love to see them come, love to see them go.
          Hootus est

Comment

• Originally posted by grandmawoods View Post
            I haven't mixed anything with my dandelion or tomato yet. Maybe in 2008, any ideas? The berries are great. It takes a lot of variety to get what the birds, deer, bear, and whatever else leave behind.
            And hang in there StockeyDAW, grandchildren are like fine wine--well worth the wait. I just sent 3 home from the weekend. Love to see them come, love to see them go.
            GMW Great to have you on board, take a seat and stick your feet up and get comfy, I hope to see you around for a while.

TT

Comment

• Originally posted by grandmawoods View Post
              I haven't mixed anything with my dandelion or tomato yet. Maybe in 2008, any ideas? The berries are great. It takes a lot of variety to get what the birds, deer, bear, and whatever else leave behind.

GMW - We sure do have some ideas on dandelion and tomato wines and blending. Create a post in the wine-making section asking for information for dandelion and tomato wine and I am sure you will have many responses. This is the introduction area better to use the wine making area for more detailed discussions. Cheers Daw

Comment

• Hiya. I hope that this is the correct starting place to intodruce myself.
                I started making wine about a year ago and have been bitten by the bug. 'Mostly country wines. I live in North Norfolk in the country, so loads of the wild country fruits are freely available. Am still at the bottom of the learning curve. No wines that I have made so far have made it past 4 months before being consumed with relish. Am busy starting a 5 gal batch of Rhubarb and a 5 gal batch of Quick Elderberry/Sloe.
                Cheers,
                Dereck

Comment

• Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                  Hiya. I hope that this is the correct starting place to intodruce myself.
                  I started making wine about a year ago and have been bitten by the bug. 'Mostly country wines. I live in North Norfolk in the country, so loads of the wild country fruits are freely available. Am still at the bottom of the learning curve. No wines that I have made so far have made it past 4 months before being consumed with relish. Am busy starting a 5 gal batch of Rhubarb and a 5 gal batch of Quick Elderberry/Sloe.
                  Cheers,
                  Dereck
                  Great intro, glad to have you on board Dereck, we have many wine enthusiasts here, which can give you loads of advice from better brewing to how to hide those bottles to stop you from drinking them all... LOL There are also asmany begginers like myself, who just like yo cant stop drinking the dam stuff. So pull up a chair sit back and relax whist you join in the fun.

Comment

• Welcome grandmawoods
                    Welcome Dereck

Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Great to have you with us Dereck
                      Let's party

Comment

• welcome aboard, have a look in the newbie section for some free downloads. And be sure to check out the new winemaker series regards Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Im New to Wine Making

Hi, I am new to the art of wine making and Ime still learning the hows, do's and dont's of making wine. I am from McDuffie County in Thomson, Georgia, USA. I have started out making fruit wines. I hope that I am able to learn a lot of info. on this forum. I would also like to learn the steps in making fruit ciders.

Comment

• Welcome orabun ! We need more Southerners here ! (US variety anyhow)

Are you raising any muscadines or blackberries or any other fruit ?

I hope you enjoy it here !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Nice to meet you orabun. You'll find plenty of tutorials and help here, and we just love questions, so feel free to ask as many as you want.
                              Let's party

Comment

• Originally posted by orabun View Post
                                Hi, I am new to the art of wine making and Ime still learning the hows, do's and dont's of making wine. I am from McDuffie County in Thomson, Georgia, USA. I have started out making fruit wines. I hope that I am able to learn a lot of info. on this forum. I would also like to learn the steps in making fruit ciders.

Welcome Orban - Many fruits and berries in your area; too far north for citrus? We have many great berry and fruit wine makers on the forum and also great Kit wine and grape wine makers. We are here to give a hand, please feel free to ask any questions you like. Cheers Daw

Comment

Working...
                                X