X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hippie View Post
    Welcome Darren !

I am here to help also !

sorry my friend forgot us both but for sure we are all here to help out. Cheers Daw

Comment

• New ferret member

Hello everyone,

Gerryferret here; a new member. I live in West Norfolk and have been on and off making wine for many years; both from kits and wild fruit. Last year I attended a local craft show and there was a winemaking competition but I was a bit dissapppinted in that the wines seemed to be only from Kits and there was no one really to discuss things with. So this site is a great boost.

As Norfolk is so rich in agriculture and the environment; I hope to be able to put a fair collection together this year and accompany it with natural food. I am down to my last bottle of Plum with only a dry red kit on the go so don't laugh but I am making Tinned Strawberry tonight to see how it goes.

The way is full of good intentions so I am looking for an allotment and planning on making at least 2 varieties a month. Bet it don't happen though.

Gerryferret

Comment

• Welcome aboard Gerry, and good luck with your intentions.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hello Gary, my name is pete I have been making wine for 15 years, I get most of my ingreadiante free or very cheep the most exspensive thing i pay for is sugger and grape juice some people use kits because they are cheap quick and simple with most being ready in 3 weeks to 20 weeks where as some of my plonk is over 4 years old and still not ready. the other use for kits is that most people drink wine and like the taste of a certian type ie hock where my taste comes from is i was brought up on country wines and bears and moved to shop wine then moved back. i still use kits now because they are quick to fill gaps in my own products
          Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• sorry that s wine and beers not bears, dont ever drink with bears they can get very moody if you run dry
            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Welcome gerryferret. There are many great ideas and expertise for home fruit wine makers on this forum. Enjoy your stay. Cheers Daw

Comment

• Gerry and Pete
                welcome to the forum, hope you have a good time here.

regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Yes, welcome everyone !

Gee whiz, we are getting quite a nice membership going on here !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Hi Just a word or two to say hello. I've followed a search line for turbo cider over here and am impressed by the site. I'm returning to HB after around 20 years and have a couple of 23 litre sauv kits going, two 5l turbo cider and 5l of wild blackberry which I found in the freezer. Things have moved on slightly since I've been away from home brewing and I've already picked up good tips on here.

Best wishes.

JJTOP

Comment

• Welcome aboard JJTOP

I hope you are enjoying your time here

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcome JJTOP enjoy the forum
                        Discount Home Brew Supplies
                        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi JJTOP, welcome to the forum !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Hi JJTOP, and Gerry and Pete too, Make yourselves comfortable and I hope you all enjoy your stay here.
                            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome JJTOP hope you enjoy your stay. Cheers Daw

Comment

• A quick hello from me: I got referred here by aqua, who's lurking around on here somewhere too, I believe.

I'm in my second year of HB, mostly beer, mostly kit-based while I figure out how to put together some kind of mashing setup from scratch and on the cheap! I have a few batches of wine under my belt, ahem, but haven't quite got to the point of producing anything I'd be too proud to show off to anyone yet. It does seem to work, though, and isn't unpalatable.

I'm looking forward to getting recipes, ideas, guidance, and - who knows? - maybe even being able to contribute a bit to the site myself...

Comment

Working...
                                X