X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Agnes!
    Fantastic another Welshie!

Nia xxx
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, agnesdavies. I hope you enjoy it immensely !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Welcome Agnesdavies

pull up a chair, pour yourself a glass and join in the fun

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi, Agnes - any friend of Aqua's is a friend of ours
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Cheers Agnes welcome to the forum. Drop in often and hit us with the questions. Daw

Comment

• hi all, thought i'd say hello and let you know who i am and what i'm making, well i'm called andy, 30 yrs young and living in cornwall, uk. Been making wine for several years but have nothing much to show for it(i think somebodys been drinking it all!) but getting more into making fruit wines (as opposed to kits) and looking for more modern recipes as i have been using a book by harold bravery which is very good but origanally written in the 60s so i guess things have moved on a bit since then. Any way enough rambling, (and i haven't had a drop, honest!) hope the pic works if so this is what i'm currently making, and gonna have a go at no 1 wine too cos i need a drink.

Comment

• heres the pic http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rrent=wine.jpg , sorry

Comment

• Would deffo recomend the No.1 it is lush and cheap as chips!!

welcome aboard

Comment

• What the dickens is going on with those monster trucks on the next picture in your link above?

I think they might have had a drink of the good stuff before they got behind the wheel

Comment

• Welcome aboard Andy, you won't be disappointed with wine no1, as for things moving on, yes they have and do all the time, but I must say H.E.Bravery's book is a favourite of mine and if you stick with his methods you'll not go far wrong.
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• my little boys favourite video

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                          Welcome aboard Andy, you won't be disappointed with wine no1, as for things moving on, yes they have and do all the time, but I must say H.E.Bravery's book is a favourite of mine and if you stick with his methods you'll not go far wrong.

I agree, i've had some excellent results from some of his recipes, but it's good to find out what new tecniques, recipes and ingredients are about, i'll still be using his book for inspiration

Comment

• Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a bit so thought I'd say hi. I made my first alcoholic drink last October, when I discovered that you could make beer from nettles. Since then I've added a few batches of wine (elderberry, sloe, blackberry, parsnip (something of a favourite here I believe ), spiced potato, and clementine; a batch of Joe's mead and a Woodforde's Great Eastern ale kit.

Most of this was done without thinking too much, and just a few flicks through JJ Berry's book. I recently bottled the mead and potato wine (both of which just taste overpoweringly of cloves) and the beer, which is very watery. I thought I had better look into this properly and found this place.

Last Saturday I started a Wine #1, being careful to follow the steps closely. I also started fatbloke's it's so easy anyone can do it mead as I have a brewbelt and needed two DJs to use it

Both of these are bubbling very nicely and are topped up to the neck, something I had neglected in the other wines (chance of me getting away with it?). I'm looking forward to trying the wine in a month or so, rather than the 18 months plus I'm expecting to have to wait for some of the others.

So, a bit wordy but Hello!

Oh, and the nettle beer? Not quite what I would call palatable. Has anybody actually enjoyed it? (In other words, did I screw it up, or is it just bad?!?)

Comment

• Welcome hideo, you'll not be dissapointed with wine #1, as for the nettle wine it's just a bad idea from the start, an old recipe used as a tonic I believe
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by hideo View Post
                                Oh, and the nettle beer? Not quite what I would call palatable. Has anybody actually enjoyed it?
                                Welcome Hideo!

I still have a traumatic childhood memory of stumbling into a patch of stinging nettles once while retrieving a Frisbee in the woods. I just can't imagine drinking anything made from that.... although my grandmother had a recipe for nettle tea.
                                Last edited by NorthernWiner; 18-03-2008, 05:52 PM.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X