No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here from the U.S. We've got three kit wines bottled with two more in carboys and one in fermentor. We like big red wines but have two whites already bottled.

Cheers!
    We all have to believe in something; I believe I'll have another glass of wine.

Comment

• Hi ya, inthebubble. Welcome and enjoy
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome inthebubble...

pull up a chair

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hello All!

I guess I should re-introduce myself since I signed up about two years ago and only have made one other post. It's good to see some familiar names on this site.
          Eastern Iowa Wine Club
          West Point Sweet Corn Festival

Comment

• What's up with the little sun next to my name? I notice sun and clouds by all the other people's names.

If it is weather related it couldn't be farther from the truth. Number one, we are an hour away from sun rise and number two, It has been raining for two days.
            Eastern Iowa Wine Club
            West Point Sweet Corn Festival

Comment

• Yay, Welcome back! Nice to see you here again.
              Let's party

Comment

• Welcome back dude

regards
                bob
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blind Guy View Post
                  What's up with the little sun next to my name? I notice sun and clouds by all the other people's names.

If it is weather related it couldn't be farther from the truth. Number one, we are an hour away from sun rise and number two, It has been raining for two days.
                  I think when the little 'sun' shines green it means people can see you're actually on the forum.
                  Let's party

Comment

• Originally posted by Blind Guy View Post
                    What's up with the little sun next to my name? I notice sun and clouds by all the other people's names.
                    I think it has to do with their disposition. Bob, for example, is often in a foul and cantankerous mood, so you'll usually see a rain cloud by his name.

Now if he's in a really bad mood, it turns into a little tornado.
                    Steve

Comment

• Ooo, you'll be in trouble - but I like it!
                      Let's party

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                        I think it has to do with their disposition. Bob, for example, is often in a foul and cantankerous mood, so you'll usually see a rain cloud by his name.

Hehee, love it dude. Welcome Blind Guy
                        Discount Home Brew Supplies
                        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post

Now thats plain funny!
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi,
                            I thought it was about time i introduced myself
                            Ive been standing on the sidelines for ages now and have picked up some great tips from the forum.
                            I started making wine last year,mainly easy/quick types from shop juices and tinned fruits although i have got a couple of galls of seville orange maturing.
                            The problem is im just too impatient and the parsnip and plum i made last autumn was definately drank too early!
                            This years going to be different (yeah right!) and im looking forward to making loads of blackberry and elderberry wines.
                            Hope you dont mind if i start with a question, I dont seem to be able to find a good stockist in my area. most of my kit was from freecycle or the tip shop and ingredients like yeast ect. from brew shop in Aldershot last year when i was still in RAF .
                            Now i live in a village between Leamington spa and Banbury and as far as i know theres no shops nearby. can anyone advise if they know different or recommend a good online stockist?
                            Last edited by BOBZ; 22-04-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Hi BOBZ, and welcome to the forum, firstly could you please update your profile to show your location, county and country is fine.

As for home brew shops I'm not sure about but Bob probably will, here's some online ones, some of which offer wines at home 5% discount, I personally have had good dealings with Brewgenie.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi Bobz, and welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good stay.

I see you already made Bob's fav wine in the Parsnip and Plum.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X