Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Simon
    you most certainly are in the right place....

For a really really excellent white wine, make the wine No1 from the new winemaker series in the new members section, she will love it.

follow the directions, modifying nothing and omitting no detail, no matter how slight and you will end up with a crisp dry white wine at around 11.5% Alcohol by volume that tastes as good as some commercial wines. it makes a fantastic medium wine by stabilising (sorbate and sulphite) and adding Elderflower cordial to sweeten, delicious
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcome Simon there is a lot of good information available here. Enjoy you new hobby but watch out for the fellow that like to use parsnips as a weapon he gives excellent advice just a tad on the violent side with parsnips..
      http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, KellsSimon.

Yep, you made it to the right place !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Originally posted by KellsSimon View Post
            Er,
            Nice to meet you all, am i in the right place?
            Simon Of Kells
            Welcome to the forum!

Bob (Lockwood1956) gave some good advice. The Wine No. 1 is a great wine to start impressing OHs with, especially the skeptical ones.

You'll quickly find that we're a like a big wine circle here on the forum, and enjoy a good laugh (on Bob's expense.... ahem) often. Don't be shy to ask your questions, for that's what this forum is here for. All that is needed is a bit of information and that you have fun.

Martina of Lübeck
            Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
            Twitter: VirtualWineO
            Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

• Welcome Simon,

You're definatly in the right place. These guys are great with advice and are happy to answer any question you throw at them.

The Wine No. 1 is a great wine to start impressing OHs with, especially the skeptical ones.
              I have a very skeptic OH... in fact I think she thinks I've gone crazy brewing my own wine and the turbo cider I made did nothing to change her opinion.

I'm hopeing my Wine #1 will change that, it should be ready in a couple of weeks

Comment

• So far so good,
                The turbo cider is keeping the OH happy enough, whle i try to produce something drinkable on the wne front.
                The youngs wine kit was a bit of a disaster, as i think i might havebeen a teensy bit impatient...
                i now hav some red grapejuice wine and a rose flower infused rose' on the go.
                This time i will wait and do it right!
                "A wise man knows he knows nothing" Socrates.
                Brilliant! I'm wise!

Comment

• Patience is key apparently. I'm still a bit impatient!

Wine #1 from the begginers forum is quiet good on that respect. Drinkable as soon as you bottle it so there is no waiting around. Although each bottle from my first batch is better than the last do maybe laying it down for a couple of weeks helps.

Comment

• Hello

Hi all,My name is Tony and i live in Pontefract in Yorkshire(i know another Tyke!).I came across this forum whilst looking for kit to get back into the hobby,there's some great advice on the threads i've read so far and i can't wait to try some of the brews on here.I mainly brew pale ale & Yorkshire Bitter type beers from grain but have used kits and malt extracts in the past as well but havn't brewed for a while.Can't wait to get mashing and sparging again.Cheers all regards Tony.

Comment

• Hi Tony
                      welcome aboard

enjoy your stay, pull up a chair

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome Tony, nice to meet you
                        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi Tony, welcome !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Another Yorkshireman! I'm beginning to think that all the off-licences have gone out of business up there as there seem to be so many of you on here brewing your own

Welcome Tony, hope you enjoy it around here

Comment

• Welcome Tony - you've found the right place for advice, chat and a nice bunch of people...
                              HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• new to site

hi, my name is carol and i live in durham, i have just found this forum and think it is great have already got loads of tips (thank you).
                                I have just started making wine, on clearing my grandperants house i found a few demi johns and a book on wine making so i had to give it a go.
                                i have started:
                                pea pod wine.
                                celary wine. (both from the garden )
                                rose` kit.
                                i think i perfer making the country wine, but the taste will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X