No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all Graham, basicly I've drunk country wine for years since 16. And now being mid 30's soon I'vr decided to give it a go! Basicly i love a nice full bodied Red wine.

Looking forward to making loads (some quick for Xmas/new year) and then some for long term pleasure.

no dout I'll ask loads of questions.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Graham. You are in the right place to ask questions.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Welcome Graham One word of caution one question leads to another and some of the regulars here have a very warped sense of humor.If you can take it you are in the right place. BTW this is a great hobby Welcome
        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Hi ya Graham, nice to meet you. Some of us do have a warped sense of humour, but we also have a lot of expertise among it all, so get those questions coming. We love 'em
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• hi im squirrell i have been making wines on and off for the last 15 yrs through hit and miss some good and some bad(very bad) lol but they r getting better all the time, i have just dipped my toes into cider making so this is a new experience to me as i know nothing about it, so any advice on detailed making of apple / pear cider appreciated lol just found this forum and it's a wealth of knowledge to me so well done for setting it up.
            Paintball ref's are not targets,Are they????

Comment

• ps what is turbo cider or is in the name
              Paintball ref's are not targets,Are they????

Comment

• Turbo cider is so called because it is very quick to make. Some of our more venerable and learned members disapprove of it, but if your looking for a quick, pleasant cider it's OK. I like it anyway, and so does my OH

Ooops, forgot to say "welcome to the forum"
                Let's party

Comment

• Welcome Squirrel I would keep low for a while as Bob has just had a bad experience with a local squirrel and me thinks he could be adding hunting to his list of hobbies. LOL great to have you aboard.
                  http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Hi Squirrel and welcome to the forum, you will like it here as there are plenty of nuts.
                    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• From International Talk like a pirate day

Long John Squirellver

gotta love it!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lockwood1956; 02-11-2008, 09:53 PM.
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        From International Talk like a pirate day

Long John Squirellver

gotta love it!

Some people have WAAAY too much time on their hands!
                        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• hi

Im 3 months into this lark,mainly making to various degrees of sucess supermarket juice wines and first try at fruit teabag wines(still waiting a taster before i start another batch)
                          Im also on the home wine making forum.
                          Looking forward to asking you all infuriatingly DUMB questions
                          Steve.
                          Abingdon-on-thames..learning by my mistakes !!

Comment

• Hi ya, Steveb, and welcome.

No question is dumb and we won't get infuriated, honest. We'll just be happy to help a kindred spirit out of trouble.
                            Let's party

Comment

• Newbie says Hi

Hi folks,
                              have come out of "lurkdom" to say Hi and also to say what a fantastic forum this is.
                              I started off with a 6 bottle starter kit about 3 months ago and after finding this forum have been having great success with variations of wine no 1 supermarket juices................am feeling so confident now that I'm
                              going to have a crack at wine no 2 tomorrow
                              A great big thanks to all the contributors on this forum as I have found the help and advice on here invaluable
                              Regards
                              Jabberwock

Comment

• Thank you, and good luck with wine No2 (you wont be dissapointed)

welcome out of lurkdom too
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X