No announcement yet.

Duffbeer HBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans to stock Brewferm kits duff?

Comment

• I sure do, not sure when, but the plan is to stock most kits in both beer & wine so there's plenty of choice
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• I wouldn't mind doing another beer i fancy a stout type of beer the oh likes her black sheep do you have any similar kits or would i be best doing it from a recepie. I would prefer to do a recepie can you guide me in to what i would need ive looked in the recepie section and Bobs put pages and pages of recepies on there so much to choose from

Comment

• sure will Daz, but remember a full mash takes pretty much all day.
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Just an idea Karl but what about incorporating it into grapefest or would that be too much for one day

Comment

• Too much Daz, it is quite time and labour consuming, I started A wheat beer yesterday at around 11.00 am and didn't finish till near on 7.00 pm.
              Although there is plans to do a talk on beer for one of next years circle meets, I should start taking some pics.
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Duff is correct. Set up and clean up ETC. is a all day project. It is why many grain brewers do it in groups. It takes the same amount of time to make 5 gallons as it does to make 50 gallons. The fun in a group also keeps the interest up in the brewing process. You can do experiments using different mashing temperatures and mashing schedules to change fermentability and mouth feel etc.It is a excellent way to learn and be successful in creating great beer.
                http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                  Too much Daz, it is quite time and labour consuming, I started A wheat beer yesterday at around 11.00 am and didn't finish till near on 7.00 pm.
                  Although there is plans to do a talk on beer for one of next years circle meets, I should start taking some pics.
                  If you wanted to i could come over at some point and help to do one with you i would really enjoy that we could take some pics for the circle and i could learn loads Just a quick one on a seperate subject the port it is telling me to transfer/Rack it into an 11 Litre carboy the smallest one i have is 15 Litres would this be ok

Comment

• On the first question, yes, i have an I,P,A to make for the Judges weekend in October, you could come down and take some pics, great fun btw doing a full mash.

On the second question, if it is still fermenting then the 15 ltr will be just fine, once complete and finished you'll need to transfer to a couple of d/j's and maybe a couple of bottles.
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                      On the first question, yes, i have an I,P,A to make for the Judges weekend in October, you could come down and take some pics, great fun btw doing a full mash.

On the second question, if it is still fermenting then the 15 ltr will be just fine, once complete and finished you'll need to transfer to a couple of d/j's and maybe a couple of bottles.
                      Sounds good Karl let me know and when and i will sort it out looking forward thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Comment

• Went to visit HWS on their opening day today.....looks fab

i would like tomtake this opportunity to wish Karl all the very best in this new venture
                        Attached Files
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• It does indeed!

Comment

• More Pics here

N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Looks great, very well organised and set out, appeals to my Virgo nature.
                              It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Looking good Karl!!

My order was speedily delivered this week already. Thanks again.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X