VWC Membership of YFAWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWC Membership of YFAWB

After discussions with the Federation Executive.....

it is possible that the VWC may be allowed membership of the Yorkshire Federation, this would entitle members to enter the Federation competition, and also NAWB as we would be a member circle of a federation.

Great news I feel

A question for you all...

would you be interested in entering/supporting this venture, the labelling and bottling protocols would likely be relaxed, and it would be a totally relaxed entry into the world of comps.....the feedback from which will hopefully make you a better winemaker, plus those attendiong would get to see the way the comp scene works.....I may even set up the webcam to let you all see what goes on (might be issues with bandwidth...if so will video it and post to youtube)

everyone would be invited to attend and there may be a tasting of sorts, or even an event where judges would be allocated to taste your wine and gve you construcctive feedback in a relaxed atmosphere.....

I think this could be the start of something great, please lend your support in any way you can

regards
    Bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-04-2009, 10:21 AM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post

everyone would be invited to attend and there may be a tasting of sorts, or even an event where judges would be allocated to taste your wine and gve you construcctive feedback in a relaxed atmosphere.....

Venue ?
    I wish I was a glow worm
    Cos a glow worm's never glum
    It's hard to be unhappy
    When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

I'm in .
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zebedee View Post
        Venue ?
        The Federation competition in Scarborough may Sat 30th at a time to be arranged if enough interest.

Or you can enter the main comp as it is an open competition.

The novice classes will have the rules regarding bottling and labelling relaxed so members of VWC may enter that.

Or.... you may just bring some along and talk to a judge about it, without entering the competitions, and you will get hints and tips on how to improve it, its a chance to get great feedback on your wine (for free)

If you are attending the comp its a great idea to "steward" for a judge (assist him at the show bench) here you will see how the process works close up, and will get the chance to taste the wine along with the judge, this is a great learning experience, and will surely help you become a better wine maker. I learned a great deal from doing this in my pre judgy days....
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
        X