X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosewine Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by jay View Post
    i just botteld the solomon grundy apricot and thought it was quiet nice gave a sample to next door and she loved it want me to make her a kit.
    At the mo i'm prefering my bottle of wow's, sat drinking a glass of "peachy" one at mo, just added a tin of peaches to it. Think the youngs chardonnay will be alot nicer in a few weeks/months!!!

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    i just botteld the solomon grundy apricot and thought it was quiet nice gave a sample to next door and she loved it want me to make her a kit.

Leave a comment:

• Cellar_Rat
    replied
    It is quite nice doing blind tastings and asking people "which came from Sainsbury" - knowing the correct answer is 'none of them' because you have been toooo tight to buy any !!

Leave a comment:

• Rosewine Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    The learning and improving is for me what its about - I really enjoy giving my friends my wine and them enjoying it - I supppose it the same as making them a nice meal!
    So far so good, but mainly pleased my sis liked it..........and she loved it........as peeps have said it tastes like the real thing, not home made....lol
    Last edited by Rosewine Lover; 28-06-2011, 07:37 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Leave a comment:

• Cellar_Rat
    replied
    The learning and improving is for me what its about - I really enjoy giving my friends my wine and them enjoying it - I supppose it the same as making them a nice meal!

Leave a comment:

• Rosewine Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    Welcome aboard! Kit's like this are great practice for doing grapes later in the year and the results are spectacular.
    I'm loooooving it......its quite addictive, hubby calls me the "mad scientist" when i'm on in the kitchen!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cellar_Rat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosewine Lover View Post
    I got @ 28 bottles out of this kit and I work it out at 90p a bottle........will definatelly be making it again!!!!!
    Welcome aboard! Kit's like this are great practice for doing grapes later in the year and the results are spectacular.
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 27-06-2011, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rosewine Lover
    replied
    I made a SOLOMAN GRUNDY ROSE 7 day kit..........followed instructions but did leave @ 3 days before bottling after racking.
    Drank some as soon as it was ready and was nice.....drank some a week later and BL**DY lovely........gave some to family/friends and so far all good reports.

I got @ 28 bottles out of this kit and I work it out at 90p a bottle........will definatelly be making it again!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Duffbeer
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeyetim View Post
    Just started a Gold Chablis Blush today so fingers crossed
    Originally posted by spritzer View Post
    Ahhh... this is the one that I started in between Xmas and New Year, that I recently filtered... I couldn't remember what it was called

I think its quite nice...a very decent quaffing wine, in my opionion.
    The Sol Grundy Gold Chablis Blush is an excellent rose, very much on par with a white zin, certainly not to be confused with the standard 5 day kit's.

Leave a comment:

• spritzer
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeyetim View Post
    Ahhh... this is the one that I started in between Xmas and New Year, that I recently filtered... I couldn't remember what it was called

I think its quite nice...a very decent quaffing wine, in my opionion.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyetim
    replied

Leave a comment:

• djlestat
    replied
    Oh joy, I got one of these going at the minute, the 5 days has so far stretched to 8 and its still going. Would like to say im looking forward to tryin it.......
    But now im just looking forward to freein up the dj

Leave a comment:

• darrel
    replied
    ooh tempting

Leave a comment:

• Tuco
    replied
    I have to agree with Duff here, I'm drinking the soloman grundy, and its nasty as hell, I've had to add some Grape juice to my glass before drinking, making me gag otherwise

Leave a comment:

• Tuco
    replied
    I have a Medium Red Soloman Grundy, it's been going 9 days, I'm going to try to mature it some, but I'm not holding out for anything spectacular. I got it as a present, my auntie and uncle said "We got you the cheapest one"

A quality kit is like 15-20 pound more grrrrr, better quality, plus you don't have to add sugar
    Last edited by Tuco; 11-06-2009, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X