Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cali Connoisseur Barolo left over from bottling, very nice.
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Last night...decided to save the 08 Ciliegiolo that I had earmarked for consumption...... and drank a Giordano commercial Merlot/Cabernet...it was OK.... but nothing spectacular, but then it was young (2009)
      Last edited by lockwood1956; 07-06-2010, 09:08 AM.
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tsingtao
        Chinese beer, first had it last year in Hong Kong...
        Lidl have got it on offer
        Love it
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
          Tsingtao
          Chinese beer, first had it last year in Hong Kong...
          Green Tea & Ginger wine
          Bit of a far-eastern theme going on!
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• A disappointing evening. I opened a bottle of Mango Surprise. Ominously I got a FFFFFTTTTTT when I pulled the cork. The port was cloudy and had an odd smell (I'm guessing autolysed yeast), and was very fizzy. Not nice

The only conclusion was that fermentation had restarted in the bottle, which was odd because the estimated alcohol content is just under 19% (sugar fed until the yeast gave up, then brandy added) and it sat in a DJ in the summer for 2 months with no sign of activity.

Annoying.

On a positive note, we tried a late-addition tinned strawberry, just a month after bottling. Quite promising.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Just checked my 4 bottles of mango surprise, no cork leakage or pushed corks, Slight amount of fall out in the bottle but I'm guessing it either wasn't filtered or it's just aged well.. Will open one tomorrow night I think.

Did you post the recipe up Pete?

Comment

• Last night; last year's elderflower wine. if this year's is as good i'll be very happy.
                This arvo; timmy taylors landord
                this evening with Japanese meal out; ume liquor (plum wine) and sake and now we're home again who knows what but plenty to choose from.
                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Finished bottleing the Ciliegiolo from Grapefest 2009 & and had a few glasses left over from the bottleing - great stuff, rich full bodied and very nice - will leave the other 4 bottles for a few more months...cant wait

Comment

• Tonight I have mostly been drinking elderberry wine.

This week I have mostly been drinking elderberry wine.

This month I have mostly been drinking elderberry wine.

This year I have mostly been drinking elderberry wine.

This year I have mostly been going to bed drunk.

This year my alcohol bill has dropped through the floor.

This year I have mostly woken up on the bathroom floor.

Comment

• ha ha That made me laugh Bill Berry.

Tonight I have a half bottle of Goldseal's Mango Surprise. No ferment in the bottle for me with this one. A little bit of fall out in the dregs, but nothing serious.

Comment

• I'm glad it caused a smile.

Cheers, Rich.

Comment

• I enjoyed that too Rich. I did 3/4 bottle of my 09 Elderberry the other week, I would have woken up on the bathroom floor had I completed the bottle - for sure.

I will be making alot more than a gallon this year!

Comment

• Oh yes, modofodo, make more than a gallon. We ended up with over 90 Gallons last year some of which we made into port so I guess we probably had nearer 100 Gallons all in. I think we may only go for around 60 gallons this year though.

Cheers.

Comment

• Green Tea & Ginger - got "wows" around the dinner table

later on rose petal.

Comment

• I intend on making a big batch of elderberry this year, I was doubtful that I'd enjoy it, but that is one to savour.

Tonight I have been drinking from various bottles and tins from the cupboard;

Tanglefoot, Hen's Tooth, Some Organic french lager that comes in swing tops from Asda (£1.50 a bottle for a beefy swing top), having said that it is a bit tasteless IMO. I also have some 'Neath Black' (a new local brew).

Comment

Working...
                                X