• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thermostat seems to be about 13-15C out

to achieve 72 Deg I had to set it at 85

it wont achieve a rolling boil with the lid off

but hey!...it was £39 so i will adapt to fit it
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tonight ....I have had ...
      A bottle of Miller.....whilst trying to get the barbie going...
      A glass of lemon and ginger teabag wine, whilst things were cooking
      Friend demolished, almost, the spiced apple tea bag wine ALMOST !!
      A couple of glasses of Sauvignon Blanc, cant remember which brand, but was on offer from my local HBS a couple of months ago ...tis nice

I might have a small sniffter of port to finish, or maybe sloe gin...
      Decisions, decisions
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tonight I'm drinking a Sauternes-style dessert wine with a bowl of fresh picked strawberries and honey.... pure heaven.
        Steve

Comment

• A glass from the first bottled batch of WN1. I am impressed and have purchased far inferior wines, infact I will do some testing with unsuspecting visitors in the next few weeks.

WN1 batch 2 (gooseberry) and 3 (lychee) will be started soon!

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by modofodo View Post
            A glass from the first bottled batch of WN1. I am impressed and have purchased far inferior wines, infact I will do some testing with unsuspecting visitors in the next few weeks. WN1 batch 2 (gooseberry) and 3 (lychee) will be started soon!

Thanks!
            I soooo wish I had done that, when I made my earlier batches of Wine#1.....as I "burst" that I had made it, prior to the "taste"
            It will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Comment

• We have some visitors on the weekend so I will test them and report back!

Comment

• Tonight, I have some Chile Cab Sav, under a fiver from a Danish Lidl. Not too brilliant, but not bad.

Comment

• Blackberry and Nettle Tea Wine, slightly sweet rose. Too easy to drink. Gulp. I won't be driving in the morning

Comment

• Some Sauvignon Blanc left over from todays bottling.
                    I quite like it

Comment

• 2008 ciliegiolo......

soon there wont be any of this left
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tuborg pilsner tonight. First of all in a smokey public bar.. then back in the Hotel.

Did spy some Mjød (mead) in the window of the local wine shop. Will have a better look tomorrow when it's open.

Comment

• some 2 year old rhubarb wine - and a very fine wine it is too.
                          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Visitors thought wn1 was shop bought and were impressed, they did find it a bit dry though. One of them is very interested in having a go, I might even see if I have a little kit spare.

Comment

• Had some Carlsberg after helping someone renovate a steading (and building a monster fire).
                              Whilst clearing out the farm building I spotted 3 manky Demijohns. Got them as payment for services rendered! Quick clean with rice and water and a 24 hour soak in VWP and they'll be good as new.l

I think I'm going to have to crack open a Lychee wine. The smell of my Elderflower cordial is making feel ill.

EDIT: Tasted the cordial. LOVERLY

Tasted the Lychee wine: To quote the Young'uns; OMG. Age does it wonders. I'm glad that I stockpiled all those can's of lychees!
                              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                              -Police Squad

Comment

• Impromptu BBQ yesterday pm. Tested the Fruit Merlot on the neighbours - the 3 litre wine box is empty, so it must have been OK
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X