Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried a half-bottle of 2008 Elderberry Port last night. Pretty drinkable already, but I think I'll push it to the back of a cupboard for another year.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Some more of the Sauvignon Blanc...
      Its growing on me more
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Glencoe Wild oat stout - Yup. This is still good. A pleasant chocolate flavour, not much caramel and maybe a hint of coffee.

Marstons Strong Pale Ale - This is really fine. Nice and sweet with a very mild bitter flavour. Not to much in the way of aroma hops though. Very well balanced considering it is 6.2% and comes in a pint bottle.

Wow. 6.2% That takes you by surprise! And I've got the Brewdog Riptide yet to go and it's 8%. If I don't make it, have tournament like that episode of Star Trek where Kirk fights Spock during Spock's Pon Farr and decide who gets my brewing stuff...

Tanglefoot - Very easy drinking. Easy drinking but not much in the way of hoppy flavour. That said I do like it, but it isn't very interesting. The bottle says ther eshould be spicy overtones but I can't find them. It is reasonably bitter but it's kind of a generic bitter, nothing special.

Sorry for the descriptions but I'm trying to build my understanding of different beer flavours so I can decide on what to try for my first All Grain brew
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

• Pomegranate 1.
          Finally it has come into its own, 6 months from starting. It's really very nice now, only problem is that I have to think of a new name for it cos Number 1 doesn't fit the bill as it wasn't really worth drinking until now (lack of interest etc, mentioned in previous posts). I'll be making more, but not expecting to drink it so soon.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Last night I couldn't wait any longer and opened a WinExpert Dolcetto.

My first impressions, several months ago when I bottled it, were thin and uninspiring. It is now just over a year old, and is getting quite fruity (strawberries), and goes great with salads.

I'm really quite impressed with it now, and it isn't even supposed to open up for another 6 months!

Rich, maybe it is time to try one of yours now.

EDIT: tonight my glass will contain Tesco generic white, because I'm off for a curry and frankly anything will do
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              Rich, maybe it is time to try one of yours now.
              Always on the blag.. You want my wine?? only joking.. I had a bottle of dolcetto this week. It still tasted a bit kit wine like to me, even after being open for a day. I'll leave mine longer I think, then by the time I've finished sampling bottles, it'll probably be quite nice!

Tonight, I've had some 2008 ciliegiolo, very light red, thin bodied, more of a dark rosé than a red. Nice though, went well with the roast chicken from the bbq

Comment

• "Wobbly" coffee, but made with Calvados instead of grape based brandy!
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Always on the blag.. You want my wine??

I heard that a guy tried to blag an RD250 from another guy once..........(did I dream that?)

N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    I heard that a guy tried to blag an RD250 from another guy once..........(did I dream that?)

No dreaming there.. I've tidied the garage already, there is a space for it.

Edit: thinking about it, a swap for a couple of bottles of Dolcetto would be quite good.
                    Last edited by Rich; 17-07-2010, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Edit: thinking about it, a swap for a couple of bottles of Dolcetto would be quite good.
                      The cheek of it
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A glass or three of Raspberry Merlot, sat at my patio table (which needs replacing) looking at the lawn (which needs cutting) and the shrubbery (which needs tidying), under a sky which needs fewer clouds.

Oh well
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• With a glass of wine in your hand, who cares!!

Comment

• The second attempt at strawberry......
                            Drinkable... but not strawberryish in the slightest
                            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Cal Conn Wine Kits in PontyClun, Talbot Green

Wrong place PM'd

Comment

• Lychee. Yummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X