Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very young Beaverdale Muscadet, started early July.
    Needs ageing but showing promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
      Coffee. I'm stuck on a rig in the north sea.
      Looks like Rich has been doing a good job keeping them helicopters flying.
      Does anyone know how to ferment salt water?

Funnily enough though, turns out the chap who gave me my induction on the rig is a Cider brewer!
      Glad you like the taxi service, what did you fly out on? No illicit brewing going on out there then? When are you back?

More Badger beer for me tonight, after a what seemed to be a very long long shift..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
        after a what seemed to be a very long long shift..
        Ditto
        Another mega loooooooooooooonnnnnng shift here

I'm enjoying a nice glass of a Beaverdale Rioja, that a friend made, and bottled April '09. I wish she had given me more now
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
          Glad you like the taxi service, what did you fly out on? No illicit brewing going on out there then? When are you back?

More Badger beer for me tonight, after a what seemed to be a very long long shift..
          Flew out on an S92. Apparently it blew the roof of the bog last week when it took off. No brewing but I'm scheduled for later on tonight to give brief lecture on mashing for beginners (good job I took my Dave Line book and How to Brew).

I get back on the Tuesday if everything goes well. But they kinda messed up and we arrived a day before the equipment so we lost a day there. But we should be able to get the job done tomorrow and with any luck the equipment dismantled too. Failing that, I'll be here another day (boohoo).

Got to say though the food is pretty fantastic.
          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
          -Police Squad

Comment

• Sloe gin... very nice
            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tanglefoot (wine) '09
              stunning
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Tempranillo & Cabernet Blend. Waaaaay too oakey - and I like oak. I feel like I've been gnawing on tree bark.
                Steve

Comment

• cold H/B lager from the fridge.

The last of my 2009 raspberry wine and a of my john bull lager.
                  I used geordie brewing sugar,in the john bull lager and it turned out very good.
                  next time i will use 1kg of spraymalt instead of brewing sugar.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Bizarre time to be writing this ...
                    but having just chaired a meeting with a Union rep, a Political (LibDem) rep, various PhD's, Academic folk and others etc I'm unable to stop buzzing and fretting.
                    In my glass a non-effective soporific .... blueberry and cranberry blush.
                    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Today i will try my 2009 coffee wine and finish with aof my
                      John-Bull lager.

Comment

• At this moment I have a glass of of Blackcurrant made in May, a little rough around the edges but developing nicely. It is showing great promise, I will definitely start a larger batch in the very near future.

Unfortunately only having re-started wine making in early May, all my stock is very young, but it is building up at a reasonable rate.

In the past on the rare occasions I drank wine it was always white, but now I'm devloping a taste for red which will be the majority of future starts.

Comment

• A can of Tesco Cloudy Lemonade ... and then bed
                          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                            A can of Tesco Cloudy Lemonade ... and then bed
                            Cup of tea. and then more tea. followed by bed.

I think I must have drank one of the off wines during the (ahem) wine tasting. Felt very bad this morning. Must have been something dodgy
                            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                            -Police Squad

Comment

• Something you ate perhaps?
                              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• the last of my john bull and a glass or 3 of coffee wine
                                then it's tonic water until friday night,then it's night

Comment

Working...
                                X