Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's been a busy time, me and the better half are a bit tiggered, so we rewarded ourselves and broke out something special. Green Tea & Ginger Wine. We deserved it and loved it.
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Tonight i will have a glass or two of Blackberry 2009 wine 13.5%
      and a of stella 4% tin's.
      My EDME lager will not be ready to drink until sunday
      to day i and started a 40 pint EDME lager kit

Comment

• Last night - a 2010 Wine No.1 with late-addition elderberry syrup. Very quaffable.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Nothing!!!!

I've caught a bug and been given anti-biotics, no alcohol for seven days!!!

Comment

• A Banrock Station sparkling shiraz. Probably past its best, but still very acceptable.

Followed by ...

A 2 yr old elderberry port. I like it. Must post the recipe ....
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A Tesco's Australian Chardonnay wine box..
              Gallons here fermenting, but not a drop really to drink!!! Yet!!!
              Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Koomber came over yesterday afternoon, we managed to get through some Pacific Quartet (still superb) and a couple of half bottles of lychee, squeezed v drained comparison brew, the squeezed batch was much better last night than the drained. Along with a bottle of wine #1 with late addition gooseberry. This was either a little too sweet for me, or not quite enough acid but still very pleasant.
                Last edited by Rich; 31-10-2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• last night M and I had a rather lovely bottle of 2001 St Emillion Grand Cru (Chateau Laroque)

rather spiffing it was too (as was the price tag)
                  Last edited by lockwood1956; 31-10-2010, 01:13 PM.
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• up on deck for tonight is a 2007 Chateu neuf du Pape

mmmmmmm
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Koomber came over yesterday afternoon, we managed to get through some Pacific Quartet (still superb) and a couple of half bottles of lychee, squeezed v drained comparison brew, the squeezed batch was much better last night than the drained. Along with a bottle of wine #1 with late addition gooseberry. This was either a little too sweet for me, or not quite enough acid but still very pleasant.
                      Yes the Specific pacific quartet was very good. VERY VERY good. The gooseberry was prerty darn good also. Very nice mouthfeel.
                      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                      -Police Squad

Comment

... Along with a bottle of wine #1 with late addition gooseberry. This was either a little too sweet for me, or not quite enough acid but still very pleasant.
                        I always add another 0.5 - 1 tsp acid per gallon to mine.
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                          last night M and I had a rather lovely bottle of 2001 St Emillion Grand Cru (Chateau Laroque)

rather spiffing it was too (as was the price tag)
                          I've had Chateau La Roque before, dude (though I don't recall the year)! Nice wine, that.

I had the last bottle of '08 "naked" Chard last night. Time to start in on the fully clothed stuff.
                          Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                            I always add another 0.5 - 1 tsp acid per gallon to mine.

Shows that I might know what I'm on about then.. was that in the original instructions and I missed it, or is it secret information to be found out later?

Comment

• Fog Ducker IPA. My own nefarious recipe. I've earned it too! Hard work today.
                              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                              -Police Squad

Comment

Shows that I might know what I'm on about then.. was that in the original instructions and I missed it, or is it secret information to be found out later?
                                Probably the former, but as you never keep any notes we will never know
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X