This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEcisions, decisions, decisions
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
      Originally posted by Aldistore;
      product may not be available in our Scottish stores
      Have you found some of this in store? Looks similar price to the real beers is costco.

Comment

• Water .

Note to self: I MUST bottle more stuff in half bottles, so these Premier Inn stays will be more tolerable.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• My fave Number 1 wine made with cherry berry...berry cherry..very berry cherry!! Good job i know where it is on the shelf in Tesco cos i clearly have no idea what it's called!

Just cherry!

Cherry be good
          Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
            My fave Number 1 wine made with cherry berry...berry cherry..very berry cherry!! Good job i know where it is on the shelf in Tesco cos i clearly have no idea what it's called!

Just cherry!

Cherry be good
            That is a nice Wine #1...
            I swap wine with a friend who makes it...and this is one of her fav's to make

Tonight, I have a cheeky glass of prosecco, on offer, 2 for £10, in Sainsbury's
            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Last night a Cassillero Del Diablo Chilean Cab Sav....ab fab!
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• A little taster of the lychee wine

Comment

• Amarillo Wheat Beer. On bottle 4 and not 100% certain.
                  It is 2 weeks old so is still pretty young. Bottle 1 was nice, Bottle 2 was good. And bottle 4 was fantastic...

Yeah, I think this beer will do
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

• Whilst cleaning out my wine storage area, I stumbled (literally) over a half case of Zinfandel I made back in 2005.

That's what's in my glass tonight.

A bit on the light side, but otherwise quite pleasant.
                    Steve

Comment

• Lots of racking and bottling today as I'm snowed in!

had a little taste of the Chillie (Scotch Bonnet) wine I made, didn't seem very hot, for a few seconds, then BANG it hit me

note to self...use less Chillies next time

(its for cooking with by the way)
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I have just racked and cleared a gallon of Rice and Raisin wine 2009 13.5% vol
                        along with a couple of tins of lager

Comment

• A white something or other... cant remember, but it was a quick 7 day kit, that's not been labelled
                          Tip top for quaffing

Comment

• Heart breaking task yesterday of straining fruit from wine without the proper equipment.

Wine was fermented in a 25 litre water Igloo (lid drilled out to take an airlock). No way to pour it from that and split it between 2 x 18 litre empty water bottles without a royal mess. No plastic funnels around and no assistant to hold something homemade.

Decided to put a siphon hose on the tap and transfer that way. Worked great for 4 seconds & after that it was a trickle. Sterilized a coat hanger and went fishing but no luck there clearing the tap. Stirred the wine, beat it, tilted the igloo, no go. (Pint required to keep the head during this)

After 2 hours finally got it all transferred. Thumbs were hurting from holding the plunger in on the tap. Funny enough a second pint cured this ailment

Bin the fruit, fish a cherry or whatever it was out of the Tap inlet and add wine back to the igloo to degas. Serious thirst at this stage, enjoyed a pint of Blackrock Pilsner between all the stirrings. Managed to add in the finings before bed.

Life's easy with the proper items at hand but it brings out the McGiver in ya when necessity calls. I'll make it from juice only next time or fanagle up a filter. Good fun though,...and memories down the road.
                            Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Think I just posted this in the wrong spot, rookie-dom......
                              Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Don't worry about it. It sounds like you have had enough stress for the day .

Anyway, curiosity got the better of me, and I opened a half-bottle of Pacific Quartet ....

Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X