Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was a Mosel Valley Riesling, very nice flinty tones, with peach and citrus notes, I'm liking Riesling more and more
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Gonna be margaritas on the rocks tonight, no salt, out in the open air in the middle of the woods by some water !!!

You'uns have a great weekend !!!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• You too Hippie, though it sounds as if you are going to.
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          ...I'm liking Riesling more and more
          I'm in complete agreement with you, Bob. I made my first Riesling last year just to placate the wife, but it's turned out to be a fave of mine also. It really turned out nice.

Since you're spending more time in Germany, you ought to buy some of those grapes, put your D47 yeast to use, and make yourself a nice cool-fermented Riesling this year.
          Steve

Comment

• I've got a glass of Piesporter tonight. It's a Beverdale kit that I've bottled, and have the last drop to savour tonight. The first mouthfull was quite nice, yet too warm. So the glass in the fridge for a while whilst I get my admin sorted!

Rich

Comment

• Tonight I think it will be a Borolo night.
              http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Just opened a bottle of very young Ribena. Beautiful rose colour, fruity and slightly on the sweet side. Lovely mouthfeel, it's going down a treat. I have another 6 gallons of this so have a wonderful time in store for the future.
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• 2002 Overgaauw South African Cabernet (Stellenbosch).

WOW! Impressive. Maybe just a wee bit heavy on the oak. But nice.
                  Last edited by NorthernWiner; 14-06-2008, 04:57 AM.
                  Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    Last night was a Mosel Valley Riesling, very nice flinty tones, with peach and citrus notes, I'm liking Riesling more and more
                    Commecial? or from the Ken Ridge Founders Series kit?

That's one kit I hope to make one of these days.

Steve
                    the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
                    "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                      Since you're spending more time in Germany, you ought to buy some of those grapes, put your D47 yeast to use, and make yourself a nice cool-fermented Riesling this year.
                      Well thats the plan....Martina has been in touch with some grape growers, no luck so far, but still hoping

Originally posted by cpfan View Post
                      Commecial? or from the Ken Ridge Founders Series kit?
                      It was a commercial wine, but I have made a founders sries kit before (super tuscan) and I liked it, may give this one a try if I cant get the real grapes.

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Glenlivet for me tonight. Yum.

Comment

• More Guava wine here..bloody scrummy
                          Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Tonight... I have the Barolo, that I wasn't too keen on when first bottled.
                            It is certainly a much better wine now...
                            Will keep "testing" a bottle every month or two
                            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tonight i have australian shiraz cabernet from the coop...and its nice now i've de~gassed it
                              Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Tonight Im drinking a 2005 (or maybe 06) WE New Zealand Pinot Noir (and isnt it amazing how gassy some commercial wines are?)

extremely yummy (not a very judgy term eh?)
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X