Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer today... Delirium Nocturnum Strong Belgian Ale.
    Steve

Comment

• A glass of the PG blush Frizzante, M&S had on offer a while back on t'interweb.
      It is tasty...but not as fizzy as I would have liked

However, I am affraid, I will be a cheat in the fizzy department from now on ....
      when the new soda stream arrives
      I cannae wait
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Pineapple rum.. Made it back in October,, 1 pineapple, sugar and a bottle of white rum,,very nice!!!
        Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Last night...

Grapefest 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon

yum scrum

only one bottle left now though unfortunately
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Last night - tweaked Beaverdale Barolo (Grape skins and raisins), 2008.

Pretty good now, though I wish I had oaked it more.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Drinking a glass of "Poet's Row" Merlot my wife won at a party. It smells of vinegar. Absolute swill. Using the VWC scoring sheet, I gave it 7 points - and that was being kind.

My theory is that the party hostess was just trying to be rid of it. Can't say that I blame her.
              Steve

Comment

• lol

a glass of water would score a 6

well, just makes you appreciate the good stuff more
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• elderflower&apple fruit juice,wine

Tonight it's my 2010 vintage elderflower&apple fruit juice wine
                  with some tins of stella artois 5%

Comment

• A tweaked Beaverdale Shiraz - not bad.

A Wine No.1 + Gooseberry - still great stuff
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Having a Viognier and Marsanne Blend tonight. Good body and nice legs on this girl.
                      Steve

Comment

• Beaverdale Merlot for me tonight ....................
                        "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Wine no1, its growing on me.

Home made ginger beer to Medpretzels recipe, very nice indeed.

Comment

• what "was" in my glass last night ???

I got home to find that the letters fairy had delivered a very kind offer from the "Richmeister".......

A 330ml "sample" of Chocolate Raspberry Port, so I know what it tastes like before I can hopefully order a kit when (if) it's released.

What a bizarre invention it is........

I couldn't decide whether winexpert have developed this to mimic the real port making process with the use of flavours or whether they've actually just added the flavourings to the "genuine" process ???????

Either way, it was brilliant. Not too "porty", yet not too overly "chocolate/raspberry" to be like some sort of strange hybrid.

Ha! If those here (who like this kit) aren't getting a kick back for helping sell the kits, then they should be. It's got me sold. When (if) they release the kits this year, I'll be up for buying a couple......

And thanks for the sample taster Rich, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

regards

jtfb
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                              And thanks for the sample taster Rich, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
                              Another convert

We had a bit of a do last night, so plenty of sampling going on:

Fruit Merlot - a great medium rosé (especially at less than a quid a bottle)

WE Ltd Ed Dolcetto - still only OK

Rich's Black Cherry Port - I think it has improved further since Grapefest: more intense, but smoother. A hit with all who tried it.

2008 Elderberry Port - maturing nicely, and disappeared quickly.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Attended a party last night hosted by one of the couples in our wine tasting group. The theme was "Chili Cookoff and Chile Wines on a Chilly Evening."

So in addition to trying several variations of Chili Con Carne (I brought an inferno-like variation of Shotgun Willie's Texas Chili ), we also had a lot of Carmenere, Cabernet, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Grigio to wash it all down.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X