This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
    Attended a party last night hosted by one of the couples in our wine tasting group. The theme was "Chili Cookoff and Chile Wines on a Chilly Evening."

So in addition to trying several variations of Chili Con Carne (I brought an inferno-like variation of Shotgun Willie's Texas Chili ), we also had a lot of Carmenere, Cabernet, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Grigio to wash it all down.
    Perhaps you should have tried to see if you could get hold of a "capsimel" (mead made with chilli/capsaicin) to match grub like that.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Glad you liked the port John.

Tonight, I've got some Kenridge Amarone that's just over a year old. Not too bad at all, having been in the decanter all afternoon to breathe.

Comment

• wine rack raid

Tonight i have no H/B wine ready, so it's a wine rack raid
        I found a very nice bottle of Tunante 2009 Rioja,Joven 14%vol.
        and i will finish off with 3-5 tins of carling.

Comment

• cono sur merlot 2008.
          enjoying it muchly but wouldn't recognise it from the description on the label.

couple of nights ago my own blackberry wine from the year before last, still one of my favourites, still better for using the fruit from our garden compared to foraged, even tho both are wild canes. Sits very comfortably alongside commercial dry fruity reds.

recently had a promessa organic merlot syrah with a meal out, delicious.

and a 2007 blackberry dessert wine, made with fresh bakers yeast (16p per handful) by an in-law. was spot on with home-made apple pie. i don't think i'll ever try using bakers yeast to brew with, and i never have done, not even once. But i do enjoy drinking the results of other's efforts in this department, especially when they are this good.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• My 2010 vintage coffee wine
            and half a dozen bottles of Holt's Humdinger 4.1%

Comment

• Not so much as in the glass tonight, but the casualty list from last night after a youngs white 7 day kit.
              So far myself - fine but not driving for next few hours
              Wife- swearing she not touch another drop
              Eldests boyfriend- got a mess to clean up this morning
              Eldest- no sign or noise from her as yet

All this from just 2 to 3 glasses each .

It now seems that I have all the remaining bottles to myself . Oh happy days

Comment

• A Mondego Ultimate Chardonnay with added Gooseberries. Didn't like this at all - I tried using the Mondego kit as a source of cheap concentrate, but to me it has a mildly unpleasant underlying taste. Mrs. G doesn't mind it, so I have encouraged her to drink as much of it as she likes .

A Grapefest 2009 Ciliegiolo. Really pleased with this - fruity, smooth, easy-drinking.
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Erdringer Dunkel. Hmmm. This 'tasmells' (I can taste it when I smell the beer, if that makes any sense) just like really dilute fairy liquid (not from the glass either). Which is a shame. The beer itself tastes pretty good. Bit thin, but I think for a dark bert it would be quite refreshing.
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

• Tea.

Comment

• osh too sweet should have left longer. mount hood brew just not my taste very flowery. so not going well so peniot vernot happy now
                      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• I will have a bottle of H/B 2010 vintage coffee wine 13.5% vol
                        tonight and a of my EDME Lager

Comment

• Couple of Bottles of Grapefest Guzzler as a tester to see if it's carbonated ok (1st time using S05 yeast). Quite impressed considering its only 3 weeks old (one week in the bottle warm conditioning at 20 degrees).....definately showing promise! The yeast is really letting the hops shine through (Challenger for bittering; Aurora and Bobek for Aroma). Just need to let it cold condition for a few weeks now! (if i can LOL)
                          Last edited by DaveH; 04-02-2011, 09:11 PM.
                          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Water, in yet another Premier Inn
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A lil glass o lychee
                              Tis my fav at the mo
                              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Stroh 80!
                                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X