Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah-hah. When you said "Stroh," I was actually thinking beer. There used to be a brewery here called Stroh's (unfortunately it was watery swill).

I didn't realize there was rum made in Austria. I thought that was strictly a New World thing.
    Steve

Comment

• Various sorts that won't fit into bottles and dj's after racking and bottling,,,,including a ginger wine made with 1lb of fresh root ginger ( tastes great so far,,,but then i like Ratzeputz!!).

Sat here now though with a Croft Indulgence port, very nice too!!
      Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• A Chillean Monte Verde Cab Sav, nice, very fruity, bit of Co2 left in but not too much.

Love it when the waiters know about wine! "Cabernet Sauvignon, that's the red isn't it"

"Cabernet Sauvignon is generally red" eeeek
        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Some chablis blush from todays racking....
          It has somehow made it into the soda stream : so is now a very nice pink fizz
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• A couple of bottles of cheap Asda Cava (very nice).

A Wine No.1 with peach juice added post-fermentation. Went down well.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Cili '09 and a Casillero del Diablo

Comment

• My H/B tropical fruit juice wine
                and a couple of pints of EDME lager

Comment

• 2008 Magnum+ (cheap kit tweaked with Grapefest grape skins).

2009 Dolcetto - Winexpert Ltd Edition, quite average. Goes well with The Princess Bride though.

A Chocolate Raspberry Port. Well, what was left of it after Mrs. G filled her 250ml glass from the 375ml bottle
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Elderberry & Blackberry (2nd run on fruit etc, i prefer it to the "1st run"), yum yum
                    Elderflower, yum yum too
                    A good night
                    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• I'm drinking an oldie tonight. Well, an oldie for me anyway. It's a zinfandel I made back in 2003 (my second year of making wine from grapes), of which there are only three bottles left.

It's held up surprisingly well, considering that it's always been somewhat on the light side. Not one of the best wines I've made, but not bad either.
                      Steve

Comment

• Last night, a Tesco Cava, followed by an 08 Grapefest Sangiovese .

I have to stop drinking this stuff. It is improving all the time, but I'm down to the last few bottles.
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• last night....

2005 grapefest Sangiovese
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Last night........2 bottles of Wine No.1. Simple but effective
                            "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Barbera D'Asti, 2007. didn't carry the "superiore" label, was 12.5% and had the barrel aging, but perhaps for not long enough.
                              nevertheless ... sat very nicely on Aussie Shiraz conditioned taste buds
                              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Last night.... I had a glass of milk and went to bed early.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X