Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pint of 'Fat Angel' beer from clone brews. Very tasty!

Comment

• My pearl barley wine vintage 2010 13.5% vol is ready to
      along with my EDME LAGER

Comment

• Medley of beers!!. Can's of Heinies & Kronenbourg, some Corona's and a taste of nasty stuff that was 8.9% (forget the name but 1/2 can of that was enough). I'm in Muscat/Oman, nice 30 degrees. Great city to get an Indian for dinner as there are 1/2 to 1 million here, Superb food and cheap as chips. Off to the pub now for a check on what's on draught. (weekend here is Thur/Fri) :-). Will do the duty and check the wines on offer
        Keep on Truckin

Comment

• We have started drinking some of the stuff I made a couple of years ago that I took an instant dislike to. Desperate measures to make space on the racks

A 2008 Rhubarb/ginger/elderflower. This was rough and unpleasant a year ago. Now far smoother, you'd be hard-pushed to tell it was rhubarb, honey-melon with a tiny hint of ginger. Quite pleasant.

Ditto (ish) a 2008 Mandarin. It used to be a proper Esther Rantzen, but again it is nice and smooth, easy to drink.

Moral (stated often here): if you don't like one of your wines, forget about it for at least a year, then try again. Repeat annually until it has improved, or your standards have lowered, or you run out of bottles.
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A BOTTLE OF H/M PEARL BARLEY WINE
            and some tins of STELLA

Comment

• Brucie bonus!!!

Cleared up in the garage and found a bottle of GF09 Cillie!!!
              YUM YUM!
              "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• A no1 wine with apple and grape juice,,plus the added goosesberry juice.
                Made on 25/11/10 and bottled on 5/2/11....it's great,,really pleased with this one..
                Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Tasting the California Conoisseur kit after racking. Planning to blend with Merlot from GF.
                  Simon
                  "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• had a bad week at work have invested in a new glass. Might try it this evening
                    Attached Files
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• This was the first evening where it has been warmm enough to sit outside.

We celebrated with an MFK, and we're currently polishing off a bottle of Lychee.
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A bottle of Youngs gooseberry country wine,,its ok, but the tapered corks i used (never had a corker then) seem to have leaked slighty..

Comment

• Blue moon Belgium white for me tonight. Clicky

Not really sure on this one..

Comment

• Last night I had Lemon and Black Currant wine that was won in a bottle swap. Light, crisp, and refreshing.
                            Steve

Comment

• Last years Monty - very good.
                              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• A bottle of tinned manderine and pineapple wine.....ain't it great when you finally get to try a wine after a few months of waiting and its great Makes it all worthwhile

Comment

Working...
                                X