Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really disappointing, quite expensive, commercial Rioja - I'm still convinced someone emptied the good stuff out and filled it with Beaverdale Barolo.

Followed by a Grapefest 2010 Monte/Merlot Rosé - pretty good, even though I say so myself
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Didn't drink it tonight, but polished off all of the varied Rose wines I stole from Rich. Exceptionally pleasant!
      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
      -Police Squad

Comment

• Turning Leaf 2009 Pinot Noir - nice!
        Feel the Zin

Comment

• Beer tonight for me, Koomber is picking me up shortly and we're off to Aberdeen beer festival. Yippee.

Comment

• Very jealous.
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• Brewery - Beer

Orkney - Corncake (smelled like tablet/fudge)
              Fallen Angel - Angry Ox (I think it was off)
              Harvieston - Shenanigans (Dark Lager. Nice)
              Pictish - Ginger Ale (I could drink it all night. Fantastic. Going to have to make some myself!)
              Williams Brothers - Ebulum (Fantastic)
              Williams Brothers - Joker IPA (Delish)
              Box Steam - Steam Porter (Alright)
              Burnside - Golden X (Nice)
              Scottish Borders - Game Bird (Best of the fest so far)

Roll on Round 2 tonight!
              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
              -Police Squad

Comment

• I will have a bottle of 2010 vintage Ribena & don simons fruit juice drink wine
                13.5% vol and a couple of pints of EDME LAGER

Comment

• Waggle dance...totally scrumptious, and going down well after slaving over a boiler all afternoon
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• A grapefest 2010 montepulciano rose. Not bad.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Followed by....

Ginger and lemon tea bag wine (spritzers recipe)...very nice indeed
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• No1 wine with gooseberry juice,,my last bottle!! will have to make some more now.
                        Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

• Red Hook Long Hammer IPA tonight. A very floral smelling beer. I like it.
                          Steve

Comment

• Fired up the BBQ this evening - home-made bread, marinated pork, burgers and salad, along with a Grapefest 2009 Ciliegiolo.

EDIT - followed by a Badger Golden Champion. I really like this beer, and have already found a clone recipe - hoopefully it'll scale down to work OK using the BIAB method
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• San miguel followed by old speckled hen and now a bottle of magners cider.

Can I just ask, am I the only one that thinks magners is a very lifeless and plain cider. I'm really un-impressed by it. Must be the magners.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                                followed by a Badger Golden Champion. I really like this beer, and have already found a clone recipe -

I've been looking for a clone recipe, care to share...I have found a couple of clone recipe overe at Jims, but they dont look like they will impart the peach aroma and flavour. I love this beer

I have attempted a clone of my own involving apricot jam and will also have late elderflower addition, and perhaps a little lime zest...i "might" work
                                Last edited by lockwood1956; 15-06-2011, 07:59 AM.
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X