X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A of EDME lager and a big glass of H/M Elderberry wine

Comment

• A 1/2 bottle of Rich's grapefest 2009 black cherry port.

Very nice - I'd go as far as to say this is he 2nd best black cherry port I have tried

seriously, I reckon the extra year has improved it - lots of fresh oak
      Last edited by goldseal; 29-07-2011, 09:39 PM. Reason: Small iPhone keyboard, large fingers!
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• More of my first wine #1, I am loving this now.

Comment

• A bottle of CC Zinfandel. A really good red from a kit!
          Feel the Zin

Comment

• A nice zippy bottle of Marks and Spencer Spanish Macabeo; and Buffalo Springfield on the stereo!
            A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

• Rice & Raisin H/M wine and a couple of tins of Budweiser

Comment

• A Tropical White, followed by a 2010 GF merlot rosé
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I originally bottled and labeled (took ages) 24 bottles of Merlot 2010 for a friends BBQ, which was canceled just hours later So I just gotta drink it!
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• still working my way through my st. Peter's golden ale, an absolutely gorgeous drop.

have a cheap kit riesling in the fridge and some wine number 1 to sample through the weekend as well.

Comment

• Blueberry Melomel - June 2009

not bad

Comment

• 2009 Ciliegiolo 2nd run

very passable indeed
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmojorisin View Post
                          still working my way through my st. Peter's golden ale, an absolutely gorgeous drop.

have a cheap kit riesling in the fridge and some wine number 1 to sample through the weekend as well.
                          Hi, I've done the St Peters IPA - still bottle conditioning until later this month. Just out of interest, did you prime with sugar, or use any malt at all? Thanks,

Owl.

Comment

• A bottle of Black Sheep Riggwelter - 5.7% !

Lovely drop. Deep flavour, lots of creaminess and balanced malt and hops.

Says on the back of the bottle: Riggwelter from the Olde Norse; rygg - back and velte - to overturn. When a sheep is on its back and cannot get up without help, local dales dialect says "its rigged" or "riggwelted".

I wonder what the old norse for velted owl is . . .
                            Last edited by owlwithoutfeathers; 10-08-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• I couldnt resit having a google:

Origins of the Word "Owl"

The word owl originated in early European languages. In old Norse, an Owl was known as "ugla", and in old German, it was "uwila". Both of these words may have been created as sounds that described the unique call of an Owl.
                              In Old English (about 600 A.D. to about 1000 A.D.), owl was "ule", a word similar to the original Dutch word.
                              In Middle English (about 1000 A.D. to the 1400s), the word became "owle", later shortened to the form we use today.
                              Throught this time, various early written records have variations on this spelling, including "uwile", "oule", "owell", "hoole", and "howyell".
                              Other ancient cultures also had words for "owl" that described the Owl's hooting call - In India, Owls were once known as "oo-loo" and in Hebrew, "o-ah".

Hmm I'm Ugla Velted then!

Comment

• love it owl

tonight im sipping on a 2007 apple/elderflower medium sweet

not much of this left...its been a good wine, taken me several prizes.
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X