Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidentally, two bottles of the same batch of Phoenix, a bottle of Choc Rasp Port, and some other stuff I can't remember
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Had half a bottle of GF2012 Montepulciano 2nd run left over this evening after a bit of racking/topping up. A bit young but rather nicely balanced. Looking forwards to trying this again after a bit more ageing.

Comment

• Went to a South African wine tasting tonight. Had Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinotage, and some other stuff. The best thing I had all night was a Port. It was pretty outstanding.
        Steve

Comment

• A glass of 2010 Trebbiano whilst watching Bobs 'Mighty Mags' on ESPN....dare i say it......the Trebbiano "isnt bad"........have sweetened the bottle up a bit with 5ml of Glycerine. Definately drinkable!!
          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• ooooo

what sort of Port?

I'm on a port kick currently (drinking and making)
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Currently enjoying my first successful wine#1.

Having failed several times at this and WOW, I'm fairly pleased with his one. It hasn't got the nose I thought it would but mouthfeel and taste are both pleasant.

Pro ligitmo nil corburundum

Comment

• Merlot nouveau 2012. Good color. Nice and will improve with a bit of age
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncleboobot View Post
                  It hasn't got the nose I thought it would but mouthfeel and taste are both pleasant

Drop a few very thin shards of orange zest into a bottle of it, leave for about 36 to 48 hours and try it after that, this can add an interesting nose

hope that helps

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I am enjoying a number 1 with a few adjustments.

6 gals
                    3 x apple
                    3 x apple/elederflower
                    6 x grape
                    6 x citric
                    3 tspns Tartaric
                    2 tspns mixed acid.
                    6tspns x glycerine

and I must say everyone seems to like it slightly mineraly nice fruit and ever so slightly sweetened with the glycerine.
                    Malc

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      Drop a few very thin shards of orange zest into a bottle of it, leave for about 36 to 48 hours and try it after that, this can add an interesting nose

hope that helps

regards
                      Bob
                      Thanks Bob.... I'll give that a whirl.

Pro ligitmo nil corburundum

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                        Merlot nouveau 2012. Good color. Nice and will improve with a bit of age
                        Are you sure it will a) Improve with age and b) Be given time to improve with age?
                        Simon
                        "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• A couple of large glasses of H/M pearl barley wine and the last of my H/M best bitter.

Comment

• Sometimes, I like having moved house. And sorting out bottles. Tonight I've got a bottle of 2009 back cherry port, Made by Goldseal (thankyou)

Very good it is too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
                              Are you sure it will a) Improve with age and b) Be given time to improve with age?
                              The tampranillo 2012 is good too. It should get chance to age I have 2.87 left.
                              Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 26-11-2012, 10:07 AM.
                              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Grapefest Sangiovese 2011. Coming along nicely. No earthiness, nice nutty muted fruitiness really clean and well balanced.

Go on, give it a try.
                                Simon
                                "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
                                X