Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds nice Dave . I've never been a fan of camping but compromised and bought a static with a beach only a few minutes walk. It is only an hour away from home so we can be here at 5pm on a Friday after school. The kids and the other half are down here for the 6 weeks of the summer holiday and I'm popping backwards and forwards. You can't beat a Galaxy S3 with mobile hotspot

Comment

• Currently enjoying a pint of 'Houston Deluge' Homebrewed American Pale Ale. Rather tasty litttle drink at 16 days old. I should really follow my own advice about leaving it for 3-4 weeks before drinking. I only wanted to see how it was carbonating... (it's a bit flat for an American Ale, but has about as much fizz as a cask ale)
      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
      -Police Squad

Comment

• A bottle of Rich's Selection 2008 Gewurztaminer (Rich: with Kevin). Very pleasant
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• First try of 2011 Grapefest Merlot...................not too shabby!
          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Opened the last bottle of wine from my loft/cellar. last year this time I had 280 bottles scuttled away but had found it difficult to find time keep production up. Thankfully Grapefest this year has renewed my enthusiasm and given me the push to make time. And the wine is a Selection Vieux Chateau Du Roi started February 2011

Comment

• my glass has been full of the dregs (not the lees) form racking wine all night

cherry wine, peach wine, pineapple wine, apricot wine.
              all from July production.

very happy
              Last edited by godfrey; 30-09-2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• I think I might have beaten Brian this year as tonight I had a glass of Grapefest 2013 Merlot. The ferment went really well and smelt fantastic from the start. Colour extraction has been excellent and tonight I racked off the gross lees and found myself with a spare glass full that wouldn't fit into a DJ.

It tasted fantastic and I have high hopes for this. I will try and go easy on the oak this time.

Comment

• Well I have just been treat to a mixed case so I guess I will be on the barossa semillon sauvignon blanc tonight I got a gift voucher for virgin wines I was able to get free delivery and 20% off with one of those bargain sites here. The crate contained 16 bottles with everything from la maroma navarra crianza to blackfoot daisy`s pinot grigio.

Comment

• Monday it will be H/M blackberry wine

Comment

• Hand des renamed and crushed 2013 Grapefest Shiraz :-)
                      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• A wee dram of whisky for me tonight after a long shift.. Aberlour A'bunadh batch 47, and I blame Pete (Goldseal) for getting me hooked on it many years ago. I've been through a few bottles now of various bottling numbers. Really, how can it be a limited edition if they keep releasing it!

Comment

• I am drinking 2012 cab sav - very nice.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Morning all. Usual apologies about not being more active here - working 12+ hours per day, 7 days a week blah blah.

Tried the first bottle of my first kit beer last night, a Woodforde's Wherry. Despite being bottled for less than a month, it is pretty decent. I think it'll take a little longer to develop, but I'm pretty pleased with it. I have another kit in the cupboard, which is nice.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                              ... and I blame Pete (Goldseal) for getting me hooked on it many years ago.
                              Sorry about that, old chap
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Whereas I'll likely be supping one of the cheap bottles from our Shopping mission yesterday morning to the local Aldi. A few passable ales, of known provenance, but between 99p and about £1.49 a bottle (offers change on a weekly basis)........
                                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                                X