Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The comercial one was slightly smoother I think. It still had the monte taste to it, which was the point of opening it.

I've been trying to save my Monte, but I've just bottled up another demijon! (only the second one though, there are still 3 more in the cupboard!)

Comment

• Just tryed a rice and rhubarb I made this year. Nice light taste, full of flaver the rhubarb flaver comes in slightly acidic just behind the rice, crystal clear got a bit of a delayed kick to it, looking foward to it maturing over time to see if it improves.
      Getting better with age just like wine

Comment

• In my glass tonight I have a locally made sweet Delaware grape wine. For those unfamiliar, Delaware is an American Labrusca variety (related to Concord, Niagara, and Catawba) but without the strong "grapey" taste one usually associates with the genus. From what I've been reading, Delaware wine is big in Japan.

I'm actually doing a bit of research. I have 22 categories I can enter wines in for the fair next year (I'm on a quest to win the massive silver plate trophy). Labrusca is one of the categories, so I'm tasting all that I can in order to decide what to make that might have a chance at winning.
        Steve

Comment

• For me its lychee wine, only bottled today but i couldn't resist! A little warm at the moment but has a very definite smell and taste of lychee. Very nice wine Rich, i'll be getting a bigger batch of this on asap.

Comment

• A very nice Australian Chardonnay mmmmmm quitting time soon
            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• My last California Connoisseur Gewürztraminer tonight, with a chinky takeaway.

Goes very well as ever, still not sure if it's better than the Lychee copy though!

Comment

• Enhanced Beaverdale Rioja, awsome!
                National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                  Enhanced Beaverdale Rioja, awsome!
                  Tell me more ....
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• see here

Last night was drinking a wine No1 aperitif style (added oranges and lemons to the ferment)
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I have just poured myself a wee glass of sloe gin... Homemade
                      Not exactly sloe gin... but very tasty
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Too much Corona with lime at a great BBQ get-together with a way too short jam session !

(wife made me come home with her) (I didn't have any fight left in me to say no !)

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Port.. Dow's LBV tonight. Not too much though. The bottle has to last a fortnight whilst I'm away!

Comment

• 2007 trebianno, this stuff is weird, it has gone through so many changes over the last year it's unpredictable, one month it's good the next it's dropped a sediment and tastes crap, it had been filtered before storing and was completely dry. At this tasting though it is good but the last of 5 gal. Hey ho life is such
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Elderberry port

not bad at all if I say so myself (took a very highly commended at Telford)

should mature really well this one (if it lasts long enough)
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Heron Bay Malbec/Cab Franc tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X