Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got home from work so a couple of bottles of Becks for now but a bottle of 1998 Gran Reserva Tempranillo (Castillo de Calatrava) Later with dinner.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Tonight. . .

A 2008 Apple and gooseberry (apples from my garden mixed with karls batch, fermented dry and sweetened with a youngs gooseberry kit)

very very crisp, great acid from the gooseberry, smooth and round on the palate
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Oh My God!!!!!

I have stolen a glass of my Blackberry and Elderberry to see how it was getting along (I started this in October)

All I can say is... it's incredible

Smooth with a slight acid bite and intensely fruity full body then just melts away.

My only regret is I only managed to pick enough for 5 Gallons

September can't get here quick enough for me.

I'm really proud of this one - I think it will be fantastic at christmas

Comment

• Just opened a bottle of Trapiche Fond De Cave Petit Verdot 2004. We bought it in a Lidl style supermarket in Buenos Aires and brought it home. It's beautiful.

We wanted to save it but we need thebottles

Comment

• Bottled my first Wine #1 (apple/grape) today. Had some with dinner. Pretty good, although I guess I didn't de-gas it.

Steve
            the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
            "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

• We're having the very last bottle of my '04 Zinfandel tonight. We got a new puppy today, so it's a bit of a celebration
              Steve

Comment

• Not in a wine mood, so it's the cheapest, nastiest, strongest cider they have in the local Scummerfield.

3 litres @ 7.5% = £2.50

mixed with a small shot of tesco's blackcurrant cordial to make it palatable and so it looks like "diesel" (snake bite and black).

Plus, at 7.5% apparently, 3 litres equals 22.5 "units" of alcohol so if I drink the lot tonight I'll have had my weekly allowance (not bad seeing as I didn't get back from the Leeds/Lincoln trip till 0900 this morning)

regards

JtFB
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                  We're having the very last bottle of my '04 Zinfandel tonight. We got a new puppy today, so it's a bit of a celebration
                  what make/model of puppy ?

regards

JtFB
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                    what make/model of puppy ?
                    She's a 9-month old Irish Setter. We've settled on "Clover" as the name.

Steve

Comment

• Beautiful Steve,

I just seem to recall that the pup'll be great as long as you get new training shoes and a decent dog brush

I believe they're quite energetic

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Very energetic indeed. Fortunately (for us) she doesn't seem real fond of the cold, so we'll have to figure out a way to get her some excercise in the house. Maybe we can train her to use a treadmill.
                        Steve

Comment

• Just looked through the crate of wine I brought away with me, and selected a WE primitivo syrah, I'm sure Bob gave me this last year. It's now open ready for consumption this evening. (first sip tells me this is going to be quite nice!!) if I can still see later, I'll report back

Comment

• Don't drink too much of that crate
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I had thought of saving this one till friday, but unlucky Pete Anyway, it's 2 crates really.. Can't wait till next week, fuel economy will go up.

Comment

• Tonight I have a very dubious glass of Dandelion in my hand (see post in flower wines section). Toes numbing nicely, but otherwise not a great experience.
                                You add how much sugar.....?

Comment

Working...
                                X