X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds really good

Comment

• Righto, 2 Amarones back to back..

Karls was saved from being total drunk last night (it was close, I'm saving this last glass till a bit later on) tastes good, raisin type quality, hint of oak I think, Whilst mine is a Kenridge Amarone from their regular line up.

First thing I noticed was how dark the Kenridge is. It tastes sharp, high in acidity. I've not tested it, Might do that in a bit If I can be bothered. Only slightly oaky though which is a pity as I'm sure it'd support more oak. It was one of the first kits I made so I followed the instructions to the letter and it said nothing about leaving the oak cubes in for any extended time.

Kenridge on the left in the pic, WinExpert on the right.
      Attached Files

Comment

• 2005 WineXpert LE Italian Nebbiolo. It is rare now, but Tim V tells me that they are bringing it out in an Estate Series. Get it if you can and age for 2 years minimum for a great full bodied red!

Comment

• Nobody been drinking this week?

I've spent most of today tidying my garage and boxing stuff up.

In my glass tonight is a Kenridge White Meritage. Very nice it is too

Comment

• A glass of that Soloman Grundy Medium Red, topped up with lemonade

Comment

• Mines Pineapple Wine - Its a tiny bit hazy which is my only regret as I never used a filter but its more then drinkable

Going to sit down and watch The Reader and have a glass or two

Comment

• Cup of Tea. Just got in after an 18 hour day and 450 miles on the road. tastes great
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Soldo Pinot Grigio for me

its a tad "ordinary" but nice all the same, after a trying day
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Brown Ale.. in a can

Comment

• Friday night.. Curry take away night

Opened another bottle of Amarone earlier today and decanted it (cheap decanter from Ikea, this weeks bargain!) Just shared it out between us. Very good I must say. Strangely I didn't taste it when it was decanted this afternoon but this evening it tastes quite smooth, with a good hint of oak in there and no strong acid/sharp taste that the last bottle had. it went down far too quick.

Now treating my self to a small bottle of choc rasp port. Which also seems very good this evening.

(Dolcetto down to 1.030, nearly time for racking)

Comment

• Did you put both sachets of oak into the Dolcetto, or just one? Also how long do you plan to leave the oak in?
                        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• opened a bottle of beaverdale merlot bottled march 2009 going down very nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                            Did you put both sachets of oak into the Dolcetto, or just one? Also how long do you plan to leave the oak in?
                            Both packets. Till it goes into secondary, or whatever gets racked over stays in it. The dust/small chips give up their oakiness very quickly so don't need much time in the wine. The instructions say to transfer the wine to secondary, rather than rack, so as much as possible will be transferred.
                            Last edited by Rich; 12-06-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                              Soldo Pinot Grigio for me

its a tad "ordinary" but nice all the same, after a trying day
                              Steady old bean, a busy day indeed and your a couple of pints of blood short

Originally posted by Tuco View Post
                              Brown Ale.. in a can
                              NBA in a can, ouch I love a newkie but bottle only for me.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                                Did you put both sachets of oak into the Dolcetto, or just one? Also how long do you plan to leave the oak in?
                                Racked mine this afternoon at 1.010, smells fantastic, added both packs at the start, but gave it a good swirl before racking, this will allow some oak to come through and also a good healthy yeast colony.
                                Once it has cleared and ready for storage, there should be no need to oak this any more.
                                Last edited by Duffbeer; 12-06-2009, 09:45 PM.
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X