Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing tonight for me, I'm having a FAST blood test tomorrow ... but tomorrow night ....
    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
    Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'm having Alamos Malbec tonight. It was a wine that Richard suggested at the last VWC. I mistakenly told him it wasn't available locally, but it turns out I was mistaken. While in the coffee shop over the weekend (they serve wine too) I saw a bottle on the shelf.

Very good. Had to air it out for awhile, but it's opened up now. Nice, silky tannins. Good wine... and change back from a tenner.
      Steve

Comment

• Had a bottle of Piesporter, this was a Beverdale kit that I picked up ages ago from the HBS in York. It was out of date, so a bargain with a fresh pack of yeast. Unfortunately it was only a 6 bottle kit, This was the last bottle that I had left at a friends house some while ago so it's now about 2 years old. Quite dry, with a very light oak taste to it. A bit citrus fruit tasting on the after taste. It was very pleasant, I think I'll make some more of this when I get chance (if it's still in heir product range)

Comment

• Last night - a Sangiovese from Grapefest 08.

Even though I say so myself, it was fantastic - like a decent Merlot. Rich and I tried a bottle a couple of months ago - it was promising, but last night's bottle was totally different.

Really pleased. I just wish my Grenache had turned out like this.
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• a pint of homebrewed mild .... slurp
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well tonight.... and have been having for the last few whiles/next few whiles I am having....

Soda water with lime....

Cant drink alcohol at the moment...

But the soda water and lime is very refreshing...
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Last night - Simple Mead.
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Last night went round with the lady to see a couple of friends and had a little too much wine and cheese. I supplied the wine, him and her the cheese.

We tried

Wine No. 1 - very good, no complaints. Would have happily drunk all night.

Wine No.2 - good but tasted like a white. Dont think I backsweetened enough with the juice/stopped fermentation completely.

Welches grape pyment - probably too young to drink, quite 'hot', but nice grapey and honey flavour with some sweetness.

Hardy's Crest Cabernet Shiraz. Nice and berryey. Stark reminder of how much more body the wine has compared to my own.

A red from the banrock range!...mind was getting a little hazy at that stage.
                  A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well

Comment

• Originally posted by wipka84 View Post
                    Wine No.2 - good but tasted like a white.
                    Wine No.2 isn't really a red. It's a rosé really.

I'm on the Beaverdale Californian White tonight. I try to keep a gallon of this going most of the time - consistently good
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• 150ml's of Gin, topped up with the ubiquitous ice, tonic and lemon in a pint glass

Hey ho!

regards

JtFB

p.s. @ goldseal Pete, how was the "simple" mead and by simple, I presume you meant basic/normal/traditional ???
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Coffee tonight.. Nescafe gold blend instant. On shift till 0100hrs

Comment

• home brewed Dry Irish Stout - damned good it is too
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                            p.s. @ goldseal Pete, how was the "simple" mead and by simple, I presume you meant basic/normal/traditional ???
                            It was made to your 'simple mead' tutorial

It is gin-like in one way - it doesn't smell like it tastes. The smell still has that 'medicinal' quality, and some other stuff which I'm not good enough to identify, but the taste is not bad at all - balanced, slight sweetness, a bitfloral. It is young though - bottled last November. Back in the cupboard for another 6 months I think.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Wine.

Lots of.

Oh, and a G&T somewhere along the line.

Goodnight
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• wine #1
                                Made with princes apple and elderflower
                                Tastes even better being as i got home late and its raining. My feet hurt and my head is sore.

Just off to get my 2nd glass/bottle..LOL

Will be up dancing later..who's joining in?

Nia xxx
                                Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X