This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
    hmmmm ... didn't know this was a political forum but, what the hell!
    It isnt a political Forum so please desist

I dont like any form of Political debate on here.......save it for the Pub

OK?
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 20-07-2009, 09:50 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Milk and Oreo's

Might have a cuppa tea next .....
      How outrageous is that ??
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
        Not only that, but probably also needs a visit to the "taste bud shop"!

I haven't tried the pear magners yet, but I can say that normal magners cider is hideous! Absolutely foul stuff.

It wouldn't be so bad, but darrels in the Brighton area so all that's needed is a quick ride along the A27 towards Eastbourne, just east of Lewes is the incredible "Middle Farm" who boast about having the largest collection of Ciders in the country. Not sure how many, but usually 100+ and you can even taste them (little medicine measures) and buy them in any quantity from a pint to a keg!

But of course, nothing beats the taste of Traditional Oirish Coider! Traditional Irish Cider ? Since when ? Since some git with too much money after RoI tax breaks for business decided there was! - NOT!:launchpoo

Erm, as you can tell, I don't like Magners....... which is why I have a nice cold 66cl bottle of Becks in front of me (at least the Germans do have an extensive tradition for brewing beers!)

regards

JtFB
        The Pear cider was for my 34th Birthday last week its actually sickly sweet, but goes down quickly enough. As for middle farm I actually live in Eastbourne and work in Brighton so go past middle farm twice a day. Have popped in there a few times with the kids. Also less than 2 miles from middle farm is the English Wine Center. A very good choice of wine and grapes all produced in this country

Comment

• Originally posted by darrel View Post
          The Pear cider was for my 34th Birthday last week its actually sickly sweet, but goes down quickly enough. As for middle farm I actually live in Eastbourne and work in Brighton so go past middle farm twice a day. Have popped in there a few times with the kids. Also less than 2 miles from middle farm is the English Wine Center. A very good choice of wine and grapes all produced in this country
          Ha ha! your 34th last week, my 44th

Well done for being a "middle farm monster" darrel, it's brill! I could spend all day in there just tasting and making my mind up.

I'm glad to hear that the "magna's pear/perry" is like that, it gives me a good excuse not to try it (unless it's forced on me of course.....).

Not tried the wine place along there though. Keep meaning to have a look into the one along at Ferring, plus as I delivered about 5 trailers of fencing posts to "Nytimbers" new vineyard at Petworth (last year, or was it the year before?????) I keep trying to remember to see if the local decent offy has any - though I understood that Nytimber stuff is quite £££ - if so it'll have to wait.

This evenings drink of choice is G&T

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Tonight is a JAOM

about two years old, and very mellow indeed
            Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-07-2009, 10:00 PM.
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
              What! a small town in south Korea! or did you mean de Jamaican Agricultural Movement, Brother?

lol

no
              Joe's ancient Orange Mead
              sorry for the anachronism.

A worthy recipe for a decent mead, very old and rustic it is.

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Tinned strawberry

And ... a sip of Mrs. Goldseal's first 100% made-on-her-own wine - a Beaverdale Pinot Grigio. Not bad at all.

All washed down with a G&T
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• It helps to have her trained. Useful for emergency rackings, SG readings etc while I'm away.

With any luck she'll stop robbing my wine too
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Having a little of my '08 "naked" Chardonnay this evening.

The Chardonnay is naked. I am clothed. Although with the tropical weather we are experiencing tonight, that might change before the night is over.
                    Steve

Comment

• Last night, a little of the 08 Trebbiano ( 2 glasses)

I am so pleassed we are having more of these grapes this year, this is extremely good wine.....

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Last night - bit of a do for the in-laws, so ...

Wine No.1 made with Tesco tropical juice - it must have been OK because all 3 litres have gone.

Beaverdale Barolo with greanche skins - smelt a little odd, so hid it I'll check again this evening

Beverdale Rioja+ (Richard_S's recipe) - a great hit, even though it is still young.
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• 08 Trebbiano (again)
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• A light 'summer beer'.................. my own brew with bitter malt and lager hops............ Nectar!
                            Brewing full mash in 'sunny' Lincoln

Comment

• Tea. 2 cups.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                                Tea. 2 cups.
                                Ooooo errrr, tea !!
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X