Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolo+ (Beaverdale + oak + grenache skins)

Barolo (Beaverdale) - a year old, and very pleasant

Now - Rich's 08 (I think) Grenache - even more pleasant (once I had degassed it )
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• More whisky.

Comment

• Last night was Wine No 1 and gooseberry and a dry strawberry....

both gold medal winners at Virtual wine circle (Goldseal and ScoPA)

tonight drinking the Tom Keys Grape/apple/gooseberry currently which will be followed by the Spritzer Pinot Noir and then the Medpretzel Juniper sweet (the other three gold medal winners

I would be gobsmacked if I could find better wines than these for under a tenner

who's a lucky boy then?
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Cranberry juice - based stuff out of a recycled winebox.

Nice
          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            Last night was Wine No 1 and gooseberry and a dry strawberry....

Dry strawberry here as well.... not a VWC gold winner, but it did take the grand champion ribbon at our little county fair last week.

I am quickly becoming a fan of strawberry wine.
            Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              Last night was Wine No 1 and gooseberry and a dry strawberry....

tonight drinking the Tom Keys Grape/apple/gooseberry currently which will be followed by the Spritzer Pinot Noir and then the Medpretzel Juniper sweet (the other three gold medal winners

I would be gobsmacked if I could find better wines than these for under a tenner

who's a lucky boy then?
              Glad you have enjoyed them Bob

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
              Dry strawberry here as well.... not a VWC gold winner, but it did take the grand champion ribbon at our little county fair last week.

I am quickly becoming a fan of strawberry wine.
              Hmmmm.... I lurve strawberry's ...but I am not a fan of strawberry flavoured things...
              However, a friend recently made strawberry jam... and it was truely lush
              So maybe I should try to make a cheeky little strawberry wine

Tonight, after quite a while off the demon drink, I am in holiday mode... and I have started the holiday with a little glass of Sauvingnon Blanc... its a Youngs wine buddy.. and I have to say... its not too bad
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I'm testing ... honest .... . I've whipped off 1.5 litres of my blackcurrant wine made from fruit tea. It's good.

I love country wines. You get to taste them when they are being bottled and the raw explosion of flavour is superb, then you get to taste them when they have matured and you get to appreciate them as a wine.

The blackcurrant explosion along the sides of my tongue is sensational and, as I've let it mature a while in bulk in the bucket, I'm getting an early wine experience too.

I used to be happy with a £1.99 job from Aldi ..... I blame that Lockwood character!

BTW: the colour is magnificent. Blooming Lockwood .... I've spoiled a perfectly good cup of tea!

No, I'm not being sycophantic, I'm just in a good mood .... erm, Jeeves ... more of that tea please!
                “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Cranberry juice wine - sort-of wine no.1 process, with a couple of cartons of cranberry-and-something.

Very young, very quaffable wwhilst watching the telly

Unfortunately the wine box is now empty
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• no booze tonight, sleeping tablet night
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• Last night we enjoyed a bottle of Gurty, from this years Winexpert Ltd Ed range. Still a bit young but very tasty. The martini glasses didn't really help, really need to unpack the rest of the kitchen stuff today!!

Comment

• One bottle of Kriek cherry beer, in a Premier Inn, on my own
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A homemade Sangiovese and Cabernet blend (from grapes). Kind of a Tuscan style thing.
                          Steve

Comment

• Many different liquids at Kev The Next Door Neighbour's, including:

Mrs Goldseal's Pinot Grigio (Beaverdale kit) - very well received
                            Raspberry Merlot (Niagra Mist kit) - classified as a 'girlie drink' but everyone liked it
                            Sangiovese (Grapefest 08) - pleasant

and ...

something I didn't know existed ...

a Croft Rosé Port - fantastic . Might be adding a gallon of red to my Grapefest 09 order to try and replicate it.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Having a bit of Chateauneuf-du-Pape this evening.
                              Steve

Comment

• NW, you lucky lad, I love cdp, even the cheap stuff at £12 a bottle

do you like my idea of cheap? ;D
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X