This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a nice one.... made by this dude (who looks a little like Duffbeer):

At £17, it was quite a bit more than I would normally pay, but sometimes you just have to go for the gusto.
    Last edited by NorthernWiner; 01-09-2009, 03:09 PM.
    Steve

Comment

• More of the Tuscan style tonight.
      Steve

Comment

• You know, gin is a drink I've never been able to take to.

I tend to leave the spirits alone these days - they took over my life at one point and I had to take proactive steps to change things. One of the reasons I enjoy making my own wines and beers ... I know what's in them; ergo I have a wee bit of control over them rather than them having total control over me. I love whiskies [and whiskeys], for instance, especially malts but I rarely touch them now.

Be careful of the tonic, mixers help the alcohol get into your blood faster and can help to cause internal damage that may not show up until it's too late. So, to hell with the tonic and enjoy the gin
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight we've enjoyed a cab sav/carmen from last years Winexpert ltd ed range, followed by a Heron Bay Cab sav from their micro winery range. Both very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
            It was a nice one.... made by this dude (who looks a little like Duffbeer):

Cheeky monkey Steve, that dude is much fatter than me
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
              You know, gin is a drink I've never been able to take to.

I tend to leave the spirits alone these days - they took over my life at one point and I had to take proactive steps to change things. One of the reasons I enjoy making my own wines and beers ... I know what's in them; ergo I have a wee bit of control over them rather than them having total control over me. I love whiskies [and whiskeys], for instance, especially malts but I rarely touch them now.

Be careful of the tonic, mixers help the alcohol get into your blood faster and can help to cause internal damage that may not show up until it's too late. So, to hell with the tonic and enjoy the gin
              Hmmm must agree, I have never been a gin fan (perfume) in my opinion, now then a good whisky is a different matter, problem being these day's is the blood pressure problems it causes me. A Christmas treat these day's is the odd nip of spirit, hay ho, still enjoying the wine
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                he is now you gym jockey
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  he is now you gym jockey
                  Exactly have you seen my lack of moobs ?? and I'm sure that guy has more chins than me
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Hmmm must agree, I have never been a gin fan (perfume) in my opinion, now then a good whisky is a different matter, problem being these day's is the blood pressure problems it causes me. A Christmas treat these day's is the odd nip of spirit, hay ho, still enjoying the wine

We're all getting too old mate!
                    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

lol

Hey, I've only seen pics, Karl. You'll have to post a piccy of your new slender self. Besides, I'm a fine fat one to talk. My diet has gone completely in the crapper and I'm getting a bit waddly again.

Chubby or not, though, that dude still makes some mighty fine CDP.

...oh and I'm drinking some young, tannic Pinot Noir tonight. I need to quit touching it and put a case or two away for about 5 years.
                      Steve

Comment

• Small screwtop bottle of Wine No.4 I found in the fridge.

It must have been there about 4 months, since the bottling.

Has anyone else noticed how well dessert wines go with hot curries?
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                          lol

Hey, I've only seen pics, Karl. You'll have to post a piccy of your new slender self. Besides, I'm a fine fat one to talk. My diet has gone completely in the crapper and I'm getting a bit waddly again.

Chubby or not, though, that dude still makes some mighty fine CDP.

...oh and I'm drinking some young, tannic Pinot Noir tonight. I need to quit touching it and put a case or two away for about 5 years.
                          you too eh dude as of the last year I have generously spread across the hips and other regions that we shall call relaxed six packs. OH My LOL
                          http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Calpol
                            Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
                              Calpol
                              Different.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
                                Calpol
                                raw...or fermented?
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X