This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how well dessert wines go with hot curries?
    Indeed! Gewurztraminer and curry is great, too.

But for the most part, I'm still a IPA guy when it comes to curry,
    Steve

Comment

• in my glass tonight, what i have called cheapskate rose. I asked the better half if she had got used to being asked what wine she fancied when she says she wants some, rather than getting the bottle outta the cupboard that we picked up in tesco last weekend. She said, "yeah its great, i can decide from shiraz in the cupboard or numerous homemade wines, and tonight cheapskate rose won over aussie shiraz". and we laughed

anyway, cheapskate rose is made from cartons of grape juice fermented with the oak chips and yeast from a beaverdale shiraz. It's 13.2% ABV and I LOVE IT.

btw for all of you who like a wine that matches a curry please please please try green tea and ginger (in recipes sections). You will not regret it and i suspect it will take to any amount of ginger tinkering that your tastebuds like. If you ever had badger's blandford fly with a curry then you will either 100% get it, or its not your thing.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• I have to admit that the Shiraz grape is not my favourite.
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• bhang lassi especially in pushkar,

but as we are mostly in uk i'll continue to try and urge you to try green tea and ginger wine brewing. its the ginger that is so suited to curry as its very often an ingredient, and the compatibility just has to be experienced to be believed. i didn't get it til i tried blandford fly with a curry, but enough of pressing my point, either you got the curiosity bug or you ain't. if you have then you can report back with your experiences to either mark me as inspired by freakery or genius ... reminds me of a joke ....

thin line between insanity and genius.....picture the scene.... harmonica, guitar, vocals ... anyone spring to mind? genius.
          and then there's ....
          harmonic, guitar, vocals and two cymbals (one strapped to each knee) ......

edit: before you ask, personally i cant stand Bob D's voice and it ruins everything for me, but i do recognise his genius! and he's not the only genius Bob eh beary!
          Last edited by ms67; 05-09-2009, 02:13 AM.
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• oooo, didn't think i was talking religion/faith there but hey if good times count then i guess i was

"Rise up this mornin,
            Smiled with the risin sun,"
            Last edited by ms67; 05-09-2009, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Sorry, can I but in....?

Drinking supermarket red with nice curry in the oven.

I made a few demijohns of wine last summer/autumn but they were put away and not cared for like they should have been (lots of sediment and not racked off). I know I out to just investigate but do you think they will be ok or totally ruined??

BTW 3 demijohn are elderberry and blackberry made last Sept but never racked off? Will it be ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by deliaisace View Post
                Will it be ok?
                hi there deliaisace

There is a good chance they will still be ok

do they smell good?
                look good?
                taste good?
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• cold water and a sleeping tablet!
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

• We're on the patio with a fire going tonight and enjoying an ice cold glass of icewine. It tastes like honey.
                    Steve

Comment

• I intend to have a bottle of my peach wine in about an hour - no sleepers tonight!

I slept very well thank you OB, must have been that wee prayer!
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

• One glass of Wine No.1 + Elderflower, left over from topping up my sparkling stuff.

Oh, I can hear a bottle of Strawberry being opened
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I've changed my mind, I've opened a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon that was a present from my daughter.
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Cheap Bordeaux tonight. It tastes more like wood than wine.
                            Steve

Comment

• I'm having a cheeky little red that a friend made.... but didn't label

It's been sitting on my wine rack about 6 months.... and its a lovely little tipple
                              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• you left a cheeky little red sitting on your rack for 6 months? All hail your will power!
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X