• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Inn tea. Again
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• elderflower (this year's) and a spanish white from M&S (two dine for a tenner deal) called raso de la cruz (2008) described with terms like thyme and apricot, good with garlic prawns and fish based tapas (we had moroccan fish stew). If i was unbiased then i would say the two wines are different but equal. but ofc i'm biased and so i say the nose on the elderflower is just such a joy and delight that its no competition! unbiased ... the nose on the spanish isnt anything at all special, no thyme or apricot anyway, but if i made it then i would be delighted ofc!
      Last edited by ms67; 22-11-2009, 01:05 AM.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Sangiovese, from Grapefest 2008, left over from bottling. Unfortunately it has a full dose of sulphite, so it better sit on the side for a while

Modified Fruity Karl, again leftover from bottling.
        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• McGuigan Shiraz 2006 (part of one of those supermarket - tesco? - 2 dine in for £10 deals). Very yummy and surprised it was part of the package. There's another one in the cupboard too

i wonder how long it'll be until i have homebrew that is aged this much
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• A glass of Selection Ltd Edition Alsation Riesling, left over from bottling.

A bottle of Cava - cheap but excellent value for money.

A couple of glasco White Port - amazingly similar to Christmas Pudding wine.
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• I'm worried - just me drinking again

Yet another glass of leftover Alsation riesling

A couple of glasses of WinExpert riesling icewine, left over from bottling. Really intense, clean taste.
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Tonight, it's "4 fingers" of Tennessee Sour Mash, with a lump of preserved ginger and a dessert spoon of the preserving syrup.

A sort of "poor man's" Whiskey Mac.

Ok, a "scrapping around in the bottom of the cupboard" Whiskey Mac

regards

jtfb
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• An awful turbo cider with cloves and cinnamon which hasn't worked out exactly as planned.

Hey ho...

Comment

• I have milk in my glass tonight because I had too much wine last night.
                    Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                      I have milk in my glass tonight because I had too much wine last night.
                      if you'd gone for "hair of the dog" the morning after, then............

"They" say it doesn't work, but it always has for me.....

regards

jtfb
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Barolo+ (Beaverdale kit + grape skins). Luvverley
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• wine no 1 nearly a year old but too much alcohol tastes hot
                          http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                          http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• How about knocking up a lower alcohol batch and mixing?
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                              Barolo+ (Beaverdale kit + grape skins). Luvverley
                              followed by:

a glass of Tesco White Port

a bottle of Beaverdale California White ( a nice, pleasant, uncomplicated drink)

and then I sent Mrs. G out for a bottle of Raspeberry Merlot but, being a *wit, she opened a bottle of Merlot Rosé, bottled a mere week ago. It should be bottle-shocked, but if it is, it is going to be one heck of a drink . Shame there are only 5 bottles left now
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A glass or two, from the bargain chardonnay batch, Heron Bay, Micro brewery. Wish I had bought more
                                Very lovely
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X