Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apple and then crabberry and blueberry ... both spot on.

Neat NW
    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
    Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
      Neat NW
      Steve

Comment

• blackberry wine made from foraged berries. GV2 yeast. 12% ABV. a little sharp, but its only young yet (5 months). jolly nice but i'm sure it'll be better given some more time. nice to be trying lower ABV's and different yeasts. cheers for the encouragement.
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
          blackberry wine made from foraged berries. GV2 yeast. 12% ABV. a little sharp, but its only young yet (5 months). jolly nice but i'm sure it'll be better given some more time. nice to be trying lower ABV's and different yeasts. cheers for the encouragement.
          I wouldn't mind having a go at blackberry. Does anyone know if you can buy frozen blackberries? I know you can get them in frozen summer fruits, but I'm not sure about just blackberries.
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
            Blossom Hill again, nice, 1 glass of mango #1, a bit thin, ,may sweeten!.
            Have bought "Woodforde's" "Great Eastern" kit for some beer experience!, feel the need for hops
            You seem to have taken to Blossom Hill
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
              I wouldn't mind having a go at blackberry. Does anyone know if you can buy frozen blackberries? I know you can get them in frozen summer fruits, but I'm not sure about just blackberries.
              i'm sure you'll be able to find frozen blackberries, trawl the freezer compartments in your supermarkets. but if you can't find them alone then try a blend. Many folks think blackberry alone is lacking something. i love it myself.
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Milk in my mug right now..

Comment

• Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                  Thanks for the advice, it is indeed a Beaverdale kit. I just added the second lot of finings and will now wait patiently. Well, as patiently as I can. It is in a fermenting barrel with a tap at the bottom so it will be easy to sample some and leave the rest to clear further (I cheated)
                  Finally! Tonight in my glass will be the Beaverdale wine. It sat and didn't clear till yesterday when I got fed up and bought a sachet of youngs finings. Within 3 hours of adding those I had crystal clear wine.
                  www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

• A bear in the dog house. Hmmm, that's an image I am not going to be able to erase from my mind very easily!
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• A bottle of 18 month old Wine No.2 made with Sour Cherry Nectar instad of Blueberry. Very nice. I'm sure I got the juice from Lidl and couldn't find any afterwards. Maybe it was Aldi. If anyone frequents either and sees it on the shelves, please let me know. I can't look because of my supermarket allergy

Taster bottle of tinned strawberry. Nice. I put the fruit through my juicer to remove the seeds. This has eliminated the bitterness but reduced the intensity of the flavour and removed the colouring. I have a batch on the go where I added the fruit at 1.020, but this is suffering from the same dodgy-yeast problem as my Wine No.1.
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
                        I am writing this to you from the "Dog House"

uh oh
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Fig rolls be the food of god....mmmmmm... and that's as religious as you'll ever see me be.
                          With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• bottle ciggilano rose was ok not as good as red
                            http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                            http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Fig Rolls are the chosen biscuit of sporting champions
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                Fig Rolls are the chosen biscuit of sporting champions
                                Fig Rolls are the equivalent of vinegar to wine. They are chosen by champions for reasons other than pleasure; which I will not go into.

I'm sorry Bob ... I can not agree. . You're a Marmite lover aren't you?

Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X