X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenmorangie for me tonight

Comment

• Glenmorangie, drool, drool, drool all hail Rich - pass us a snifter down - all hail Rich! Oh hang on a mo .... my tongue got stuck back there whilst I was drooling, just carry on ... I'll catch up with you soon ... Glenmorangie ... Glenmorangie ...Glenmorangie
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• 1 year old Beaverdale Sauvignon blanc tonight

very tasty indeed
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Ooh! I'm sure I still have a bottle of that lurking somewhere, also about a year old.

Tonight it was a sparkling Wine no.1 (sort of) - decent, but could probably do with a bit more fizz. The bottle got emptied really quickly though

... with a G&T chaser
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• This morning - water

A local bar had a wine tasting evening yesterday. I was sceptical, half-expecting it to be a thinly disguised sales effort, but I was wrong. A great selection of wines, hosted by someone who knew what he was talking about.

The highlight for me was a barrel fermented white Rioja, which was stunning.

Unfortunately I forgot to spit (every time), hence the water

EDIT: I have just found my tasting sheet. My notes are quite neat at the top, gradually degenerating into a scrawl halfway down, and the last three wines are blank (apart from a couple of stains). I haven't got the hang of this tasting lark yet
              Last edited by goldseal; 26-02-2010, 08:51 AM.
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Casillero del Diablo Cab Sav from Chile.

£2.50 for a half bottle (cork closure) from Tesco. Nice wine, good for the price, with a nice half bottle as a prize every time.

Comment

• Gewurztraminer bottling leftovers tonight

Quite tasty for being a mere 4-month old baby.
                    Steve

Comment

• Ashmill Cider tonight. Yummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
                        Rich! my dear fellow, how astute of you to obtain a half bottle for free!, personally if I have a half bottle left it's going in a glass ,
                        Maybe I should have phrased it differently... The bottle is 35cl, green, and a cork closure. This bottle type is preferred for putting expensive port kits in (well, it is by Pete and I) But, they have been in short supply in green for some time from home brew shops.

The 'half bottle' referred to the glass rather than the contents!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          Casillero del Diablo Cab Sav from Chile.

£2.50 for a half bottle (cork closure) from Tesco. Nice wine, good for the price, with a nice half bottle as a prize every time.
                          Found some of this - bought 6, mainly for the bottles, but you get 375ml of wine for free.

Decent wine - uncomplicated, good with steak (which was excellent too).
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Some homebrew mild and a bottle of my cranberry and blueberry; which really is improving with each bottle that I open. I have just got to make more - start saving the pennies.
                            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• lychee from rubicon juice lovely even wife likes
                              http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                              http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by kampervan View Post
                                lychee from rubicon juice lovely even wife likes
                                Have you done a side by side with lychee wine from lychee fruit?
                                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Working...
                                X