This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grats Mr & Mrs G.

in my glass tonight was a 1 year old green tea & ginger (with a spicey dinner). Followed by a very young wild blackberry. Both were recieved well, but uncritically, so i did my own criticism. the former was uber, the latter was too young, sharp, acidic. Good job they were consumed in that order! enjoyable but the latter could be, and will be, better.
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• A couple of pints of homebrew mild - I made lots of this for Christmas ... and was a wee bit too enthusiastic. I am now, however, reaping the rewards as each time I open a bottle it tastes better and better. Luvverly!

Also a bottle of apple wine - again, luvverly
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• i quite miss a regular pint, but i do love going into a pub and asking what they have that is both malty and hoppy. sometimes i get a look that is like "did he just speak english?" sometimes i get a top notch recommendation. sad state of affairs when the bar staff can't point you to something ..sometimes its the door "uh oh we got a real beer fan here!"
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
          "uh oh we got a real beer fan here!"
          Quick! Get the CAMRA!

Okay, I'll get me coat ...
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Just opened a bottle [last bottle] of my cranberry and blueberry wine and it tastes delish. For my last batch of this I used Oceam wotsit. Mrs.wisp has bought ASDA's this time and the only significant differences that I can see is that there is more cranberry and blueberry in this one - the other was 5% apple - and this has artificial sweeteners in it rather than added sugars.

Do I have to boil this, or are artificial sweeteners okay? I can hardly wait to get this wine on the go.

I've heard some of you say that you freeze the yeast from starters. Is that the deposit at the bottome of the bottle? Or is that all dead yeast? If live, do you just freeze that - about an inch + thick, or do you freeze the liquid too? If it is just that, how does one revitalise it?

I know that this is probably somewhere else upon WaH Bob, but unless mrs.wisp is around to guide me I just don't see it [I'm bleeding behind both of my eyes and it affects my vision]. Please be patient with me. I have everything enlarged, but even that becomes too much. Sorry.
            Last edited by wisp; 04-03-2010, 04:10 AM.
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Oh, by the way ... my cran & blue tastes magnificent. One of my succeses methinks
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• personally i avoid artificial sweeteners always. they are 100's or even 1000's of times sweeter than sugar. they often keep your sugar taste buds firing long after sugar has stopped doing so. They won't ferment, and you won't be able to remove them.

Comment

• Tonight, a 2008 Barolo+ (Beaverdale kit + Grenache skins + oak). Pretty drinkable.
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• California Connoisseur 2008 Cab Sav. Very good it is too, for the price. Especially being aged a while. I found it lurking in a friends wine rack!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
                      Aw congratulations Pete (and Mrs G for putting up with a winemaker) sorry to be a bit late, y'know how it is
                      Ta (and to everyone else who commented too)
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• 16 yr old Lagaviln Whisky tonight. After a bottle of my own sparkly, and some Kenridge Syrah/Vognier. Not all to myself though.. At my Dad's tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          16 yr old Lagaviln Whisky tonight.
                          hey, don't hog the bottle !
                          i'm right here, my hand is out-stretched bearing an empty glass

Comment

• Cup of tea, in a Little Chef
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                              Cup of tea, in a Little Chef
                              Ouch
                              With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• It could be worse. I could be staying in the Travelodge next door. Oh, hang on, I am
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X