Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea here, too. Not in a Little Chef though ... that would turn me to drink!
    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
    Groucho Marx

Comment

• wine made from a tropicana juice grape,rasp,apple,elderberry and rosehip was very good
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Had a couple of pints of homebrew mild and I'm finishing the night off with a couple of pints of homebrew Yorkshire bitter.
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• ooo, the red rep block is scarey!
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
            Meeee toooo!, don't be tight! let's make it a night!, er an it's Lagavulin but it's your bottle, you shpell i any wey yoo wanna!, go on jush a littl wun(hic!) go on be a shport

I poured you all a drink, and no one came for them.. So I took care of it Also, spelling.. It's a small netbook with small keys and I'd been drinking Maybe the forum needs a please re read your post function before it's published (after 8pm) or a post in a different colour when you've had a drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
              I poured you all a drink, and no one came for them.. So I took care of it Also, spelling.. It's a small netbook with small keys and I'd been drinking Maybe the forum needs a please re read your post function before it's published (after 8pm) or a post in a different colour when you've had a drink.
              Or perhaps those who are so critical of spelling (and I'll add punctuation) should take a long, hard look at their own postings before wagging their finger at others.
              Steve

Comment

• Rheinhessen - Riesling from Lidl. Very nice
                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Strawberry wine tonight. It was great at one point but is now starting to decline. Which means I need to drink a lot of it quickly. Oh Well.
                  Steve

Comment

• my beaverdale shiraz had a nice, horrid, nice cycle. but i havent seen any other WaH comments to confirm if this is normal or not.
                    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
                      my beaverdale shiraz had a nice, horrid, nice cycle. but i havent seen any other WaH comments to confirm if this is normal or not.
                      My experience: I had an H2S problem when I made it - got rid of it, but always had the feeling that there was some residual taste. However, after a few months in the bottle I reckon it was the best Beaverdale red I'd made (even better than the Barolo). I haven't tried one for a while but maybe I'll dig one out and let you know how it is now.
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
                        my beaverdale shiraz had a nice, horrid, nice cycle. but i havent seen any other WaH comments to confirm if this is normal or not.
                        Don't know about the Beaverdale Shiraz specifically, but a lot of wines go through ups and downs. Pinot Noir is my favorite wine but it's the worst when it comes to predictability. It can be heavenly one month and taste like vase water the next.
                        Steve

Comment

• thanks Pete and Steve, nice to have such experiences confirmed, it means that i can rule out my own cycles of like/dislike or variations in sensitivity... well at least to a greater extent than previously. Being critical of wine is something i'm learning, i find it quite difficult, but homebrewing and WaH are speeding up my progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                            Don't know about the Beaverdale Shiraz specifically, but a lot of wines go through ups and downs. Pinot Noir is my favorite wine but it's the worst when it comes to predictability. It can be heavenly one month and taste like vase water the next.
                            You drink a lot of vase water?
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• chai no dud

Comment

• I didn't think much of the Wine List in the Chichester Little Chef, so it's a cup of tea I'm afraid.

Another night, another Travelodge. I AM turning into Alan Partridge

EDIT: tea was awful - straight down the sink. I have no idea why I have told you this because nobody will be interested!
                                Last edited by goldseal; 12-03-2010, 11:04 PM.
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X