This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
    me too, i'll soon be sampling a very young pineapple num 1 .... more on that will follow. it's my first num 1 and i'm quite excited about it!

ok the short version is that i like it lots
    the longer version is much longer so if you want to read that then clicky
    Do you pump caffeine into your wines? I can hardly keep up with you
    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
    Groucho Marx

Comment

• Zzzzzooooooooooooommmmmmmm
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• What was that?
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Commercial Pinot Noir from Oregon. I'm finding it gassy, thin, and overall disappointing. Wine Spectator rated it 90 points. I'd give it about 70.
          Steve

Comment

• Tonight just the one glass of Kenridge Port given to me by Rich in (I think) 2008

very supple and layered (getting lots of chocolate on the nose and finish)

great stuff Rich...it has developed well
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• ohhh, how spooky, I just opened a bottle of that at the weekend. Tis good now it's aged a little.

Comment

• A Magnum+. Improving all the time, and not at all bad for about 50p/bottle
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Yummy stuff tonight. I have a 3-year old faux Sauternes and some totally stinky, runny, melt-in-your-mouth Roquefort cheese.

Yeah, sounds weird, but don't knock it till you try it.
                  Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                    Yummy stuff tonight. I have a 3-year old faux Sauternes and some totally stinky, runny, melt-in-your-mouth Roquefort cheese.

Yeah, sounds weird, but don't knock it till you try it.
                    doesnt sound weird to me, roquefort yum, runny and stinky i'd try that!

me i have gota hardy's crest 2008 cabernet shiraz with babybel, crisps, and fried egg sandwiches (no not all together!). the food was just comfort stuff, the wine .. well i enjoyed the spicey and fruity combo. not often a wine gets into our house with cabernet on the label, but this was a welcome change.

and i reckon its bedtime for me
                    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Tonight it's a 6 month old Beverdale Rioja I am trying, the first I have made.

Got a way to go but I am very pleased with its progress so far
                      Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• They're a cracking kit, the cab sauv is a favourite of mine
                        Discount Home Brew Supplies
                        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                          They're a cracking kit
                          And of course it came from you
                          Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• top banana, it must be the way I sell em that makes em so good.

Lychee wine for me this evening, a little young it's slightly sharp but not bad.
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• A commercial Chianti from Tesco. It was purchased only because it was in a 500ml cork bottle. Quite soft, goes nicely with bavarian smoked cheese and biscuits
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Milk in my glass... busy night at work. Went well with my spaghetti and meatballs.

Comment

Working...
                                X