Clear All

• tropical no1 i ilike
    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Today, was my little brothers 40th birthday
      Oh, I now feel very old

So, I celebrated/commiserated with him, with G&Skinny

Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• last years elderflower, jolly pleasant. i'm already excited about this years forage and the new method i'll be trying - lucs plastic bag trick for the flowers, and late addition of flowers hoping that i can make the same weight do more wine.

edit; sorry for those who dont know lucs trick, take the link and scroll down for english language don't forget to scroll for english
        Last edited by ms67; 25-03-2010, 03:21 AM.
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          A commercial Chianti from Tesco. It was purchased only because it was in a 500ml cork bottle. Quite soft, goes nicely with bavarian smoked cheese and biscuits
          I can recall really special Chianti's back in the 70's. Since then, I've been disappointed. I really do love a Chianti that is worth drinking. I love Bavarian, and Austrian, smoked cheeses too.

Then again, any Chianti is worth wheeling out with the right cheeses and, most importantly, the right biscuits.
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Now just to take a different tack, I remember the 70's and 80's producing some very poor Chiantis. Remember the stuff that came in the basket bottles? Dreadful. It even had some white grapes blended in (Malvasia Bianca, I believe). Sure, it went fine with a pizza, but nothing to write home about. I think Chianti has seen a renaissance only in the last 20 years.
            Steve

Comment

• Oh, and I'm drinking my '07 Merlot this evening. Only 6 bottles left.
              Steve

Comment

• I remember them. I also remember trying to impress mrs.wisp with saying ... it's the bottle in the basket we want ... then I took her to a Bernie Inn. How sad was I? Doesn't matter, she still married me!

Good old Chianti in a basket

Hang on, don't condemn my generation too much. I hear that chicken in a basket is still a fast till filler in a lot clubs even today.
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• glorious presentation ...
                  the first bite is with the eye ....

beware .... is it the producers pride in something excellent or a cover-up?

let your non-visual senses be the judges

hmmm my nose is still merrily singing with the delights of elderflowers!
                  To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                  A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
                    Good old Chianti in a basket

Hang on, don't condemn my generation too much.
                    Not at all. Age-wise, I suspect we're from close to the same generation. I remember my parents drinking Gallo and Carlo Rossi wines, both of which came in a jug. Bad American wines. My brother and I would sneak a taste now and again.

It wasn't that good, but it sure made us feel happy.
                    Steve

Comment

• NW! Shocking!

Oh no, I can remember feeling really great because I bought a wine that was in its own straw wrapping. What a way to impress the girl friend

The sad things we used to do.

Must have done something right, she married me. Cheers Italy and thank you Chianti in a funny shaped bottle with a wicker dressing!
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

• Oh, and it was wine too, so I must have been sophisticated!
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight I have a treat....a 9 month old Selection Limited Edition, New Zealand Gewürztraminer.

Floral, fruity and well off dry.....some would say sweet but it suits me and there is plenty of acid to balance it.

Recon I will be two bottles short by tomorrow
                          Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• lychee made with rubicon drink . well at least i started another 2 gallon earlier as this wont last long
                            http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                            http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• another bottle of elderflower .... hic

Comment

• Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                                ....a 9 month old Selection Limited Edition, New Zealand Gewürztraminer.
                                That's one I wish I'd bought

For me, it was a Wineworks Veux Chateau de thingy. Better than it was, but still not good. Time for a G&T ....
                                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                                X