Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't beat a good Gurty if the quality of kit is good, have tested a Premium Cellar Gurty on behalf of Muntons and wasn't impressed, way way too much sulphite in the stabalising sachet, could still smell and taste the sulphite after 3 months.
    For a mid range kit thought it was rather poor.
    Also artifitial F packs put me off ('F' flavouring) just doesn't seem right, pay the extra quid and get the right kit.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Beaverdale Chablis Blush, drinkable, but nothing special.
      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Originally posted by ukric View Post
        Beaverdale Chablis Blush, drinkable, but nothing special.
        A friend of mine made this ages ago, and we swapped a bottle, she gave me one of these... I thought that too
        And the bottle I had, had aged about 9 months, so I guess that one is not for me
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I think it's seriously lacking in bouquet, I just don't get a right lot from it. Maybe its cause I'm too used to drinking White Zinfandel & White Grenache? In the next few months I'm gonna get a CC White Zin kit, hopefully that will be a lot better.

Comment

• Having Rhone(ish) blend this evening. Last time I opened one of these was when Bob came to visit in December. Tasty, but still very tightly wound. It could use a good couple years of age.
            Steve

Comment

• pineapple version of number 1. goes down just fine after the elderflower earlier. nice to have the two to compare. i'm going to be making more of both, possibly a hybrid too if i get organised enough in the coming weeks.
              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• 18 month old fermentingtom's Tokay Wine Recipe.

ROCKET FUEL!!!........ Only had half a bottle and I feel very happy already
                Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  Tonight I have a treat....a 9 month old Selection Limited Edition, New Zealand Gewürztraminer.

Floral, fruity and well off dry.....some would say sweet but it suits me and there is plenty of acid to balance it.

Recon I will be two bottles short by tomorrow
                  Inspired, I've got some of this to drink tonight. Quite pleasant it is too. I bottled it back July/August I think, so it's had a little time to mellow in the bottle.

Comment

• Two Pinot Grigios

A Beaverdale, maybe 5 months old. Very pleasant, clean - tastes like a PG.

An £8 commercial job from Tesco (on offer for £4). Initially I thought this was inferior, but is just a bit more subtle - more flowery, less in your face.

Both v. nice in their own ways
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Pineapple wine #1
                      Last bottle, I think
                      I need to get more on the go....
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Just had a 1/2 bottle of Elderberry port I found lurking in the fridge. I think I used it to top something else up a while ago, so it has been sitting there, oxidising a bit, ever since.

OK-ish at the moment, but needs a bit of ageing. Went down nicely with a bit of cheddar, some biscuits and some Nine Inch Nails
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Half bottle of the wild plum wine, mostly because I'll need the half bottle it was in. Every time I taste this it gives me the ideas of what to do this year with the plums, I think I'm settled on a 5 gallon batch with some of the fruit held back for a late fruit addition, less sweetening, also will be using fruit picked slightly earlier.

Comment

• mint vodka toddy (medicinal purposes)
                            followed by beechams cold/flu remedy drink (cos it tastes nice
                            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• A young (3 month) Lychee.

Not bad, but could probably do with a few more months. I haven't yet achieved sufficient production to allow it to age
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Started on Woodforde's Wherry which has now been in a keg for over 5 months.

Surprised it is still so good and it is crystal clear with good condition (no added CO2).

Now on Tesco's own brand blended Scotch Whisky with dry ginger ale.

Cheers
                                Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Working...
                                X