This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    Just had a 1/2 bottle of Elderberry port I found lurking in the fridge. I think I used it to top something else up a while ago, so it has been sitting there, oxidising a bit, ever since.

OK-ish at the moment, but needs a bit of ageing. Went down nicely with a bit of cheddar, some biscuits and some Nine Inch Nails
    Elderberry ... port ... fridge?
    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
    Groucho Marx

Comment

• elderflower no1 made from syrup made from flowers last spring. one of my top 5 i think
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• I'm having a very nice bottle of commercial Pinot Noir tonight. I sold off part of my consulting business this last week and made a tidy profit, so naturally a little of it went toward wine.
        Steve

Comment

• Congrats Steve

I have just had a lovely glass of ice cold milk
          But, I am just in from work.... and off to bed soon
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
            Elderberry ... port ... fridge?
            Yes, I had bottled some elderberry port some time ago, and this was left over. I popped in the fridge to keep it fresh for a couple of days, and then forgot about it.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Wine No.1 tonight.

My best plain Wine No.1 yet - the only bit I can't work out is WHY it is the best
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• 16yr old Lagavulin again tonight.

Comment

• argghhh .... i'm envious again.

but i do have in-law's bottle of fruit wine. wish i could remember the name, kit comes from denmark i think, constituent juices i think are apple,pear and grape. its nice light easy drinking. i imagine quite like a wine number 1 made with apple or pear. first flavour to hit is grassiness, followed by fruit, then it all goes quite and you want another glug.
                  To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                  A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• I have had a similar surprise, a very nice pink wine from a friend, we were talking about this website and about the lighter drier wines that I found recipes for and she brought round a bottle of her mixed fruit juice rose', it is not quite dry but has a nice fresh taste that she attributes to "citric acid" and "tartaric acid" the one from grapes, I will ask for the recipe so that I can share it with you all, I think my taste for sweet wines may be changing, we drank the whole bottle and when Peter came home from darts he said we were rotten for not saving him a glass, he who had, had more than enough because he came home in a taxi and will have to get the bus in the morning to bring the car home!.

Comment

• Milk
                      Again
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Some home brew - bitter and mild.
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
                          Some home brew - bitter and mild.
                          Retro!!! lol
                          Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Perhaps I should have said a couple of pints of mild and now supping a pint of bitter. Even though I do like a mild and bitter but my fave drink is brown bitter with Manns brown and a good bitter - Tetley's if it's not too cold .
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight I'm drinking a 2004 tinned Fruit cocktail (2 tins to the gallon)

remarkably smooth
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                Tonight I'm drinking a 2004 tinned Fruit cocktail (2 tins to the gallon)

remarkably smooth
                                I bow down. You are supping a 2004 fruit cocktail! RESPECT.

I'd like to get past 6 months never mind 6 years!
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X