• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
    the wine?
    the Pasty?
    or the Chalk?
    The chalk of course, and it leaves a residue in the mouth
    Though with the wine a couple of tspoons of sugar in the bottle sorted it, shook the bottle to dissolve the sugar and guess what....

Pffffffftttttttttt co2 and plenty of it, it's now quite pleasant
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
      a work colleague traded me a couple of bottles of Ridge Zinfandel for two of my homemades (sucker! ). One of them will definitely be in my glass tonight.
      he will be back for more that's for sure
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        he will be back for more that's for sure
        he already has....

...but so have I. A win win.
        Steve

Comment

• A nice glass of Ciliegiolo tonight no blending no pasties just some nice fish fingers for tea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
            A nice glass of Ciliegiolo tonight no blending no pasties just some nice fish fingers for tea
            See I knew you were a secret fish finger muncher, I hope they were the captains I must check on the Cili, last taster was reasonable.
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• A young-ish Lychee. Luvverley
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• As always wine #1 I think it's grape ands apple..It's yummy

Nia xxx
                Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Although not aged at all, besides 6 weeks bulk ageing, I couldn't resist opening a bottle of my new nettle wine and sharing it with a friend. Tasted a tad 'green' when really cold, but improved as it acclimatised - no, not with sips .
                  “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

• Turning Leaf 2008 Zinfandel tonight, £7.15 from Morrisons. Never had Zin' before except as part of a blend and have been meaning to try some ever since I watched Oz Clark and James May raving about it on TV. It's massively fruity in a sort of dark berry way and reminds me of Pinot Noir. Would I buy this again? Hell yes!!!
                    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• I lurrrrve Zin and I do like that one

Tonight, I have a tropical apple....

Its ok....
                      But thats it..... OK.
                      I think its a tad too sweet for a white wine for me to be honest.

Wanna swap Richard ??
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Ltd Edition Maipo valley carmenere/cabernet Sauvignon (2006)

Stunning!

Treating myself as I finished work on the bathroom today.
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard S View Post
                          Never had Zin' before except as part of a blend...
                          Remind me to bring you a bottle of Ridge or Turley Zin when I come to visit. Both are good mountain-grown Cali wines guaranteed to put hair on your chest..

Don't yet know what will be in my glass tonight. We're going out to a Latin/Caribbean restaurant, so I'm thinking it will some sort of cerveza.
                          Steve

Comment

• 2008 rosehip (with star anise), very much better than 6 months ago (tho the cork had a little mould on the outside and looked like it had leaked a drop or two - literally - in that time). doing the aging thing well, about another 10 bottles hidden away
                            To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                            A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                              Don't yet know what will be in my glass tonight. We're going out to a Latin/Caribbean restaurant, so I'm thinking it will be some sort of cerveza.
                              No cerveza tonight. They actually had a nice selection of Latin style wines, so we started with a Tannat from Argentina, then the house sangria (which was excellent and not overly sweet). After dinner we ordered a bottle of Bodega Eguren Tempranillo from Spain.

Oh... and the food was pretty good, too.
                              Steve

Comment

• Just finished a day in the winery and racked 67 gallons of wine....there was a gallon of 2008 Ciliegiolo left over so brought it up to the house for bottling, just poured myself a glass...........WOW

this stuff is goooooooooood
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X