Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a dehydrator!

Woohoo!

I have bought a dehydrator on ebay. I have now dried some mint, basil, and parsley (Unfortunately I don't have a freezer).

It takes a bit to dry kiwi fruit, but it seems like it's going well. I will then try some other stuff and let you know.

Does anyone have experience with a dehydrator?

I also bought some currant bushes and a gooseberry bush for the garden. I'm so excited!

Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Originally posted by Danina View Post
    Woohoo!

I have bought a dehydrator on ebay. I have now dried some mint, basil, and parsley (Unfortunately I don't have a freezer).

It takes a bit to dry kiwi fruit, but it seems like it's going well. I will then try some other stuff and let you know.

Does anyone have experience with a dehydrator?

I also bought some currant bushes and a gooseberry bush for the garden. I'm so excited!

Is it one that "freeze dries"? or one that works a bit like a hair dryer i.e. warm air and fan ?

Well done on the fruit bushes as well Danina, we've put in gooseberry, redcurrant and blueberry, but we're still waiting for the blackcurrant ones to arrive from the nursery (we've ordered a "3 pack" of these ones).

All our new fruit bushes are showing signs of growth i.e. leaf buds etc. I can't wait

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I bought one for my wife (but also thinking there would be some winemaking applications) for last Xmas. See thread:
      http:www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1830

It was a Rommelsbacher, bought from Vigo:

Also on the German website:
      http://www.rommelsbacher.de/en/getIn...auswahl=DA 750

I've also got one of their pasteurisers (great for preserving juice for later use), together with the steam juice extractor top (ditto).
      Last edited by David; 01-04-2008, 08:14 PM.
      My Brewlist@Jan2011

Comment

Working...
      X