Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enolmatic - de-gassing and DJ to DJ

De-gassing with an enolmatic.

I've just been looking at the de-gassing tutorial - specifically the bit about using an enolmatic.

I was looking specifically at Bob's photo. He it "doing" a 5 gallon glass DJ, using a "carbouy cap". I can see, what appears to be a vacuum gauge and the "clear tube" from the top of the enolmatic passes through the carbouy cap.

So, do I really need to get a vacuum gauge ? to "do" a 1 gallon DJ or should it be ok to pass the clear tube through a "holed bung" ?

Next........

DJ to DJ. There is an adaptor accessory available for this, except I can only find it at Brouwland. Rather than spend the €44 in it, is there a way of using 2 hole bungs/corks to do this ? If so, does anyone have a link as too who keeps them ?

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

You can degass using a single holed bung, I use rthe DJ cap so I can fitr the vaccuum gauge from my mityvac to keep an eye on vacuum, a 2 hole bung or a carbuoy cap is required for racking, on hole to create the cavuum in the receiving vessel, and one to receive the wine tube from the other DJ or bucket. You can drill the rubber bungs if you freeze them first apparently, although I have never tried it, but the silicone bungs from brouwland can be drilled when you purchase them, just ask for 2 X 9mm holes in it.

you can purchase most of the brouwland stuff via a brupaks stockist

hope this helps
    regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
    X