Mead Making - on a grand scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mead Making - on a grand scale

The WHALES homebrew club pooled some money (and honey) together to made 110 gallons of mead. It will be aged in oak barrels for a year and thoroughly enjoyed

regards

JtFB

p.s. Oh and I found it at "homebrewtalk"!
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

OMG!

Imagine how drunk you'd get on 110 GALLONS of mead once it'd matured...

Hmmm.... maybe I need to modify the garage even more than I'd originally planned....
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
      OMG!

Imagine how drunk you'd get on 110 GALLONS of mead once it'd matured...

Hmmm.... maybe I need to modify the garage even more than I'd originally planned....
      It wasn't so much that, as the fact that even if you got the honey at the Somerfields' cheap offer price of 2lb for £2.50, you're still looking at over £430 in honey alone and as you'd want something that didn't just taste mediocre, you'd probably be using varietal honey of some sort (and a damn site more expensive).

Damn! you'd be bottling for ever

Here's a link to the original place I found the video. There's a few other pictures as well.

The finished result certainly looked good to me

regards

JtFB
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
      X