Forum Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Down

Apologies for those of you deprived of your forum "fix" in the am today....Power cut took the server out....fixed now......Cheers Mike
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Thanks Mike, what a relief! I was beginning to get the shakes and halucinations.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

My OCD kicked in big time while I was frantically hitting the "refresh" key while trying to log in...

At least I can go and wash my hands in peace now
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

I guess I slept through it.
        Steve

Comment

Well I noticed it, but figured that as I've had occasional periods of when I can't access the forums - it'd either be a case of rebooting the server or that the hoard's of visitor would clear off and make some space for me

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Well.... I didn't get a wink of sleep all day, because I couldn't get in this morning, when I got home from work
            Glad that its back to normal now
            Last edited by spritzer; 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM.
            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

well.....

the up side is....I have had less spammers to delete today
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

There is a positive side to everything right Bob
                http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Indeedy
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

They made up for it today though....tons of them to delete this morning...

In case anyone didn't know....thats why the number of members goes down at times, I delete the spammers so we dont have artificially inflated numbers.

We have had 3,400 registrations, but only just under 700 were real people, so when looking at the number of members a forum has, bear in mind a lot of forums dont remove these spammers

EEK!
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      They made up for it today though....tons of them to delete this morning...

In case anyone didn't know....thats why the number of members goes down at times, I delete the spammers so we dont have artificially inflated numbers.

We have had 3,400 registrations, but only just under 700 were real people, so when looking at the number of members a forum has, bear in mind a lot of forums dont remove these spammers

EEK!
                      I'm sure I can come up with a way of reducing the spam volumes. We can have a chat over the weekend if you like.
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

You cant stop these +&&*** registering, but I DO have a way in place of stopping them posting, but it means they have to be deleted manually....plargh
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                        X