Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Brew....WARNING!!!

Hi gang,
    Just thought I would pre warn anyone considering ordering from these guy's, I know of several people who have and have recieved no goods. Apparently they have gone bust but their web site is still active and accepting card payments. Emails have not been responded to and calls ignored, orders place back in June have still not been fulfilled.
    Be carefull !!
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
    Hi gang,
    Just thought I would pre warn anyone considering ordering from these guy's, I know of several people who have and have recieved no goods. Apparently they have gone bust but their web site is still active and accepting card payments. Emails have not been responded to and calls ignored, orders place back in June have still not been fulfilled.
    Be carefull !!
    ah, so the "so called" cash flow problem has gone from critical to terminal.

Sadness for those who might have lost out.

Though my immediate thought was "I wonder who the receiver is" followed by "I wonder how they're gonna dispose of the stock i.e. auction or direct offers"?

Yes, that does sound really mercenary, but that's the way "business" is.

It'd be an excellent time/opportunity to get "grubby hands" on some bargains. Which then leads on to how the receiver is dealing with the stock etc.

Looks to me, like it's time to make a few phone calls tomorrow.

Though as I say, it's a shame that some will have lost out. At the same time, it's convenient to remind all of us here (erm, those of us in the UK that is) that you should always try and make your purchases over £100 - sounds a lot but it's all about the "Consumer Credit Act 1974" and the protection afforded by the use of a credit card when purchasing from a UK based outlet (I can't remember about what the "court finding" was in reference to non-UK based businesses and UK issued credit cards was).

Ho hum!

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I don't think they are officialy in recievership, from what Iv'e picked up they are rogue trading and trading standards not particuarly interested, many have paid with debit cards rather than credit cards, so not so easy to persue without going to the small claims Court, which costs and can be risky if there's nothing for the bailiffs to recover.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
        I don't think they are officialy in recievership, from what Iv'e picked up they are rogue trading and trading standards not particuarly interested, many have paid with debit cards rather than credit cards, so not so easy to persue without going to the small claims Court, which costs and can be risky if there's nothing for the bailiffs to recover.
        Ah! Damn.

Still, if someone who's had an order that's not been honoured has the balls to take them too court and force them into receivership - then they'd have to be quick to get rid of stuff, which could also incur a "contempt" ruling.

But if you do hear of anything official Karl, PM/email/whatever me as I reckon I could sort something through the receiver - which could benefit us

regards

JtFB

p.s. Oh and anyone else reading this, take note of Karls comment about debit cards and if you need to know more then Martin Lewis is your guy
        Last edited by fatbloke; 19-10-2008, 12:59 PM.
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I used to order my stuff from them, they used to be quite good. My last order from them was about a year ago. A few 1 gal kits and various other bits took over a month to arrive so that was the last time I ordered from them.
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
            I used to order my stuff from them, they used to be quite good. My last order from them was about a year ago. A few 1 gal kits and various other bits took over a month to arrive so that was the last time I ordered from them.
            If they were losing custom by being slow with orders, then I can see why they've gone under.

Thanks for the warning tho, their site was one that I had bookmarked for price comparison, and it's entirely possible that I may have used them at some stage.
            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Working...
            X