help with abbreviations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with abbreviations

You guys keep using texting abbreviations like ROFL, I do not do much texting. so could someone please list what they all mean for old fa-ts like me thanks
    Getting better with age just like wine

Here you go

Linky

But to be honest.... I can type quicker the full version, than look up what the shortened version is... If you know what I mean (iykwim)
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

ROFL = Rolling On Floor Laughing

ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing

ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off

ROTFFLMAO - errm, you work it out.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Most all abreviations we use on here were around way before phone texting started.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by lyntom54 View Post
          so could someone please list what they all mean for old fa-ts like me thanks
          I'm sure glad someone asked. I thought I was eavesdropping on a teenage sleepover.
          DIIK what they all mean
          Hootus est

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
            Most all abreviations we use on here were around way before phone texting started.

You're right - most of the abbreviations started in the early days when people used instant messaging programs like ICQ before MSN took over, it's funny how you use the abbreviations now without much thought, my OH (other half) was asking just before this thread started what IMHO (in my humble opinion) and ROFL meant when he saw me typing what appeared to him to be gobbledy gook.
            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Working...
            X